Skip to main content

ATTENTION EBAY STORE OWNERS:
You can now turn on a left nav bar in your listings.

Use with caution though - unless you adjust your templates - to 560 pixels max - viewers at 800 will have to scroll left to right.

Read about it here:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=2000104...=0&mod=1142608745046

I love the bread crumbs trail...more opportunities to sell.

ENJOY!
Donna
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've been awaiting this change and now, I'm disappointed. The left side navigation causes the template to be too big. I have a feeling they will receive many complaints regarding this and maybe make it available in other ways. Then again, maybe not. Either way, I'm going to design my own navigation and place it within the actual listing template.

The new navigation will really dress up those who use very basic Turbo Lister settings. Instead of having a blank white page and description, they'll have it jazzed up with the left navigation. That's cool!
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
I've been awaiting this change and now, I'm disappointed. The left side navigation causes the template to be too big. I have a feeling they will receive many complaints regarding this and maybe make it available in other ways. Then again, maybe not. Either way, I'm going to design my own navigation and place it within the actual listing template.

I put the navigation in yesterday and ran it for about three hours. Every time I came back, it just looked <blech>. I took it out.

I'm going to have to do some major tweaking in order to get the look right.

I don't know if I know enough code to get the navigation into my template.

The eBay Store Boards are rumbling that it doesn't give a great look to the store. I consider this the work the bugs out stage..some it will work for and others it won't. Eventually it will, though.

Have a great weekend everybody,
Donna
They need to provide us the html (that will work within our templates) and allow us to place it where we want it. Frames aren't good for search engines, so I have no idea. Besides, people can create or have navigation created for them as it is. I will work on one later. Just create a table/box the size you want and fill it up with your links back. Stick a search in there as well.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.