Skip to main content

12 of my auction pics are showing, but the rest of the 24 show a Blank white square of paper about a finger nail big.(where my selling pic. should be) When I go to ebay and look up my items the outer list doesn't display the picture but once you click on my auction item it shows the pic. inside the page. Confused
I don't know how to fix it. I know I always look @ pics. first before buying anything. So this is screwing me up. http://scimg.auctiva.com/imgsc/1/1/0/8/6/6/2/sc/160310885432.jpg
Original Post
Hi kellyh880,

While I wasn't able to understand what you meant in your last post, I came across this one and I believe I understand what you are saying now. The behavior you are describing is due to a known issue between the Mac version of Firefox and the Auctiva Uploader that causes this to happen with some images, particularly very large ones.

The company that developed this uploader is working on a new version that promises to correct this issue and we will be getting that new version incorporated into our site shortly after it becomes available. We haven't been able to get a definitive answer from them as to when this will be though.

In the interim, you could avoid the possibility of having this happen by using the HTML Uploader instead. If you would like to make it so the HTML Uploader is used on the listing creation page, please click the "Account Settings" link under the "My Account" tab within your account, check the box next to "Use HTML Uploader on One Page Lister", and then click the "Update Account Preferences" button below.

If you still have active listings that exhibit this problem, the only way to fix them would be to reupload the images using the HTML Uploader during the process of revising each listing via the following process:

1) Locate your listing in your Saved Listings folder, make any necessary changes(reupload images using HTML Uploader), and save.
2) Click the "<HTML> icon to the right of the item on your "Saved Listings" page
3) Select All and copy the html in the popup window.
4) Locate the item on eBay and click the "Revise Item" button.
5) Scroll down to the "Description" section and then click the "HTML" tab above the description editor.
6) Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.

While the process described above should work to fix any images within the description of the listing including those on the supersized image page, if you need to restore the header/gallery images in the auctions, you would then also need to revise them via the following process:

1) Visit the item on eBay.
2) Right-click the image you’d like to make your new header/gallery image and click “Properties”
3) Copy the image URL, which begins with http://...
4) Click the “Revise your Item” link at the top of the auction page.
5) Click the “Add Pictures” button.
6) Delete the text(if any) in the “Enter URL…” field(if any) and replace it with the copied URL.
7) Click the “Insert Pictures” button and save your changes.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.