Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi GrannyVix,

Welcome back!

The API warning is a message that eBay sometimes gives us when we submit the listing to them via their API to post. It indicates there was something about the listing they consider to be a problem, but the problem wasn't severe enough for them to out and out reject the listing. We pass these warning messages back to users in the notifications.

A lot of times, when eBay is in process of making a change such as enforcing return policy and handling time in listings, they will start out issuing warning messages to try to get people to conform to the change they are making. Then, after a period of time, they will figure they have given users enough time and they will turn warnings will turn into errors and fail the listings.

I hope I'm answering your question.
Hi!

I just tried to list 14 items tonight and 9 were rejected (all football shirts) due to API error with no further explanation! Another 5 were successful - all football shorts! WEIRD!

I used a brand new listing as basis for all others - amending the item name, details, etc as I went along.

I have no idea what the problem can be.

I haven't listed much on EBAY recently as I am totally hacked-off with their arrogant attitude to sellers.

So much for it being a trading environment. It seems more of a buying one now and listing gets more and more difficult and more and more expensive.

Very disillusioned and in need of help!
Hi- not sure if I can help, but when you look on the notifications on auctiva little boxes at top, does it not say WHY they did not go through? IF so, if you tell me, I will at least see if I can interpret what it means. Believe me, I have had more than my share of them.
You may want to write support also just in case I can't help you will at least have a jump on things.

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Hi Vicky!
Thanks for your reply.
Here is what I get! Makes no sense!

Thank you for choosing to sell on eBay.

To help protect both buyers and sellers, we may place limits on the way sellers can list certain items. You can only list this item using the site you registered on, and you can only post to that country.

We're sorry to disappoint you, but you'll need to go back and change the listing details.

To make the most of global trade on eBay, please make sure your PayPal account is verified and linked to your eBay account.

To find out how to do this, just click on the country you’re registered with:

Australia | Austria | Belgium - Dutch | Belgium - French | Canada | Canada - French | France | Germany | Hong Kong | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Switzerland | United Kingdom | United States

We look forward to a successful relationship with you.

For more information on PayPal verification, click here.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.