Skip to main content

After taking a hiatus from ebay, I've come back. I tried re-listing several items I had from before and changed them to apply to ebay's new listing policies and then when they passed the error check, I scheduled them to post a couple of days later. However, none posted and I got an API error on each saying,

"This item cannot be accessed because the listing has been deleted, is a Half.com listing, or you are not the seller."

Anyone know how I can bypass this as I have a large number of listings and it take forever to re-do each listing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi!
If it has been longer than 90 days since your original listings have closed, eBay will not allow you to "relist" them (they don't keep the data in their system longer than that.) You can, however, re-launch the listing from the Saved listing (provided you haven't deleted it.)
Just go to your Saved Listings (found under the "Listings" tab) and once you find the listing, click on it and make any necessary changes. Note that the default setting only shows the last 30 days of saved listings, so if you have older ones, you'll want to select "All" from the drop-down menu (where it says "Listings from last XX days".)

Hope that helps!
Hi striker 1211,

Thanks for posting your question here. If you have items on your Closed Listings page that you would like to move over to your Saved Listings page for editing/relisting purposes, you just need to check the boxes next to the desired items on your Closed Listings page and click the blue "Import Listings" button.

However, that process will only work if the closed listings in question have not already been deleted from eBay's database.

There is actually no data stored on your Closed Listings page except for the data you see on that page. When you use the "Import Listings" button, our system actually scrapes the listing data from the eBay view item page of the listing and places it into the appropriate fields in the resulting saved listing.

As a result, when you use the "Import Listings" button for a closed listing that contains an Auctiva template and image hosting, you will find that the template and everything within it appears within the description editor of the resulting saved listing.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Hi Striker

I made the suggestion to be able to do a real import from the Closed Folder to the Saved Folder. The information has to be present as when you edit a Closed Listing it is in the proper Auctiva format. Sadly I have yet to see that suggestion or any of my other suggestions make it to the list of features that can be voted on.

It would also be nice if Auctiva would do a List instead of a Re-List when they know the Closed Listing is older than 90 days.

maybe if enough folks ask for it it will happen
Last edited by edneff

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.