Skip to main content

I've been listing all day today (1/28/13) and on my last listing I couldn't get it to post/list to eBay correctly as I got this message...

"We noticed that you don't have a payment method set up with your eBay account. As soon as you take care of this, you'll be able to list more items."

Is this a glitch? Just wondering as I've been having no issues all day up until this last listing. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey D. Kern
The Collectibles Cafe
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. It definitely seems strange that you suddenly started receiving errors of this nature after posting several listings successfully yesterday. However, since these API errors eBay returned state that you do not have a valid payment method on file with your eBay account, I definitely recommend checking the status of your payment method first.

From your My eBay page, you can check the status of the automatic payment method you have on file with eBay by mousing over the “Account” tab, selecting the “Seller Account” option and looking in the section labeled “Payment methods for Seller Fees” on the ensuing page.

It seems possible that your credit card on file with eBay or Paypal may have expired as LifeIsLike suggested.

If your automatic payment method appears to be in good standing, I recommend contacting eBay's Customer Support team to see if they can provide you with any more information about why you are receiving these errors.

-Mike
Thanks for your help LifeisLike and Mike D.,

Yes, for some reason the culprit in all this wasn't an expiration date issue but the PayPal link just dropped off as a payment method. Just like Keyser Soze...Poof! It was gone! :-) Very interesting how that happens! No worries, we fixed it/re-linked it this morning and I'm back to posting items just fine and dandy thru Auctiva to eBay. Both your advice certainly helped us find the problem pretty quick -- and, of course, your input was very much appreciated!

Have a great day to you both and thanks again for your help in this matter!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.