Skip to main content

Lat week I had one auction not launche - it was a doll and this week 3 different watch auctions not launch with the same API message below:

API Error

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.

These ads are not in violation of anything I have been selling old watches and dolls for years. Any ideas?

Thanks,
apsolutions
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm having the exact same problem in another category. Somethings not right here because I was able to post an auction directly to ebay without going thru auctiva and it went up just fine. I've had over 100 failures thru auctiva in the past two days. I hope they are trying to get to the bottom of this. I sent a message to the auctiva help desk but haven't gotten a response yet. Maybe if you send one too, they'll see a pattern and do something cuz this is really frustrating and certainly time consuming and costly.
I tried posting dirreclty to e-bay and found out why mine were not posting. I had to take all mention of Western Union out of my auctions - now that e-bay owns paypal they are trying to make it difficult to use any other payment form. I have used WU long before paypal was around and will continue to use them. The weird thing is that 17 of the 20 with the same "western union" wording posted fine and 3 did not.

apsolutions
yeah, WU will get it killed

Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash. Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com
I sold my soul to the company store. Eek

Bad business, People who are happy with paypal will continue to use it. If they would open the doors on other payment methods, they would also be opening the doors to many more customers and I think they would see a profit in the tradeoff...oh well...

But yeah, keep everything in your listings "company talk" and should be no problems.
Okay that may explain my problem. My payment section does mention BidPay. Wayoutwest, that's not on your list but I assume it qualifies since it seems that everyting other than paypal is a no no. Of course I can't use Paypal for mature audience so I'm just stuck with snail mail. I can live with that if I could just get these auctions up. By the way since I have to edit all 100 plus to delete the mention of Billpay, is there a way to "apply to all" rather than edit each saved listing? That would be a great help.
Finally...success!!!!! The word Bidpay was holding up my auctions. Incredible!! Evidently, ebay doesn't like that word in association with items being posted to the mature audience category. And it only took 5 days to figure it out. They could be a little more forthcoming with those API error messages! I won't ever make that mistake again. Thanks for all your help wayoutwest.

I am having exactly the same issues. Multiple API errors, Title in violation of Ebay Policies, Unacceptable forms of payment etc. I have not changed anything to what I have done previously and all of a sudden I am unable to list. In my payment check box section I still accept Paypal & Bank Deposit, which has worked fine for me up until now.

Although I have registered for Ebays Managed Payments, It still hasn't been launched in Australia, and I am already having serious issues. In getting ready for this new form of payments and so I have mentioned in my description other forms of payment (copy and pasted from Ebay) that will be acceptable from the launch of Managed Payments. Does anyone have any solutions to this, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Nick

Last edited by nick01tech

Hello nick01tech,

I am sorry to hear about the various difficulties you refer to with listing at this time.  Unfortunately, to be able to assist you most effectively, our support team would need to have a look in your account at the affected listings and the responses from eBay.

We are unable to speak to when Managed Payments may be available in Australia, but we are aware of the roll out eBay has planned for this in general terms and most listings can still post to eBay without difficulty and the set up for managed payments is being added on the eBay end at this time.  We expect to have our listing creation page updated  in the near future.

Please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site or using the Support icon that is available on most of the site pages and please include specific examples by title of listings that are running into the issues you refer to and our agents will be happy to take a look.  Please keep in mind that at this time we are experiencing a heavier than usual support load and are still operating with the various difficulties associated with Covid-19, so our response time is less rapid than usual.  Apologies for any difficulty that may cause.

- Craig

Hi,

I would just like a definitive answer as I don't see one. I am being forced to take managed payments probably because I am an anchor store and I must start accepting them in 2 weeks. Will my listings post as is? I have hundreds of them saved and rotate them through a six month period. Is there something  I need to do to every listing so it will post and if so a) what is it and b) is it something that can be done in bulk? This is quite important to know now so I can get a jump on it, not wait until there are errors that need to have a support ticket filed for. Thanks

Greg

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.