Skip to main content

hi all, im new to the forum so please bare with me.

ive just had all of my listings removed by ebay. they say that i have tried to circumvent their fees because i have used auctiva. they also dont allow 3rd party software to list. am i missing something here? how can auctiva advertise their services when ebay dont allow them?

thanks

martmoover
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hi, i got 3 seperate reasons - one was my mistake because i said i would accept cash via special delivery - which i accept but ive pasted the other 2 reasons below - thanks

1. Users may not use systems or techniques to circumvent, or avoid, eBay fees. Listings or content that circumvent (avoid) fees may provide a poor buying experience and create an unlevel playing field by penalising sellers who pay all of their eBay fees. Further, these listings and content undermine the trust of eBay's marketplace.

2. However, your listing was in breach of eBay's Inappropriate Links policy.
hi, i never use turbolister and i honestly cant think of any other reason why my ads attracted ebay attention other than my now using auctiva - if anyone wantys to see the 2 relevant emails then please let me know. the one about circumvention of fees is quite detailed but the one about the use of inappropriate links is really generic.

thanks

martin
Most of the ebay staff is out with the eBay Live Convention in Las Vegas, so I guess the junior folk on the totem pole are left to mind the store. Sounds to me like they are probably feeling a tad more important than what they really are. I have had listings for radar detectors taken down by the "night shift police" because it violated the prohibited items listing rules. Go type in "radar detectors" on eBay. I finally just gave up the fight.

I would suggest you get rid of cash payments. They will get you busted every time. And, if you don't make a practice of staying current with policy changes, you will run into this sort of thing. Cash payments were eliminated about 3-4 months ago, along with Western Union and BidPay.
I don't know anything about Auctiva not being allowed. Switching over to Auctive was the best move I ever made.

Don't misunderestimate me about eBay. I live for this, being able to sell on the world's largest marketplace. But, sometimes the lower ranking staff gets just a little too big for their britches!

Be Well And Prosper!

The Texas Skipper
Last edited by texasskipper
quote:
1. Users may not use systems or techniques to circumvent, or avoid, eBay fees. Listings or content that circumvent (avoid) fees may provide a poor buying experience and create an unlevel playing field by penalising sellers who pay all of their eBay fees. Further, these listings and content undermine the trust of eBay's marketplace.

2. However, your listing was in breach of eBay's Inappropriate Links policy.

Neither of those reasons specifically quote Auctiva as a cause.

Did you happen to have: EMAIL ME @ xxxx.xx, OR, check out my items at XXX.com?
Yeah, if it so happens that you included a link to any other site that sells merchandise, they'd probably consider that inappropriate links and stealing business from them (which, I guess, could be defined as circumventing fees).

If you're still scratching your head over it, though, feel free to post the e-mails in this thread. Just be sure to remove any personal info that might be in them.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.