Skip to main content

I keep getting sever error messages just trying to log on, including one I never saw
quote:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

This is a bad start and I wonder if I will be able to post again tonight? IS THIS FIXED ?
PLEASE tell us what is going on with the server as I am afraid to even try to list if it takes 10 attempts to get to auctiva.... I see no alerts and surely something is going wrong today and right now.. Please update us on what is happening right now...
?????? Confused
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi silvermountaincoins,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are certainly aware that some of our users are receiving error messages intermittently when navigating various sections on the Auctiva website. Our engineering department is currently working on this issue and will have it resolved as soon as possible.

I will post again to this thread once more pertinent information regarding this issue becomes available.

Thank you for understanding.

-Mike
Hi Community,

The status of this issue is the same as when I posted to this thread previously. We are aware that some of our customers have been receiving error messages intermittently while navigating the Auctiva website. Overall, the site has performed well today, with the exception of these few hiccups, and we are not going to do any further work toward resolving this issue during normal business hours, as this will require the website to be taken offline.

We are currently planning on installing some new hardware late tonight, which should alleviate this problem moving forward. Once we have determined when this work will be done, an alert will be posted on the Auctiva homepage.

I will post again to this thread if more pertinent information regarding this issue becomes available.

-Mike
As Mike mentioned above, we are making some hardware changes tonight. We'll be going offline at 11pm PST, 11/6/06.

We should be off for approximately 3 hours. At that point, we may be reseting servers here and there during the next 1 - 2 hours.

During this time, images will be up.

The website will be down and anything scheduled during the initial 3 hours will not post.

We plan on store windows remaining up, but it's possible they will go down for the initial 3 hours as well.

-Kevin
Last edited by auctivakevink
Are you aware that it is Thursday at 6.30pm in Australia when your schedueled maintenance is taking place? I'm sure you are aware that Thursay evening is an extremely important time as 10 day listings that begin on a Thursday evening finish on a Sunday evening - Sunday evening being the most profitable time to end an auction.

Every single user from Australia will now not be able to list a 10 day listing to finish on the last Sunday before Christmas.

Thanks!
Frown while maintenance is a necessary and good thing, it is unfortunate that tonight was my first night experimenting with posting to Ebay. And I am slightly depressed to find out that the last 12 items I THOUGHT I posted, will not post after all, so I will have to redo them. I know there are a lot of auctiva users, and I am wondering do any of them get an email about this maintenace? Do I need to change a setting to get such alerts?
quote:
Originally posted by befrantz:
I can't seem to do a thing ~ I've filed a help request and haven't gotten a reply yet. Please help?

I am in the same boat. Can't access my saved listings or do anything! Are we in the ice age now? Hey guys. Maintenance should have been completed by now and your site should be up and running. This is such an important time of year for us sellers. Perhaps you should reschedule any further maintenance till AFTER CHRISTMAS????????
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.