Skip to main content

AUCTIVA...I'm new to Auctiva but definitely NOT new to listing or using other Image Hosting Services, especially their templates. I've never had a problem with any other Image Service regarding the templates until I used Auctiva. The last set of auctions, I had one with a WIDE TEMPLATE that you had to scroll from side to side in order to read the item information. SURELY, there is a way that Auctiva can simplify their templates to make sure that those WIDE problems are avoided. If other image hosting services can offer their template usage without this type of problem, surely Auctiva can do the same. I see many, many people have posted this problem. I think it's time for AUCTIVA to FIX it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This is normally caused by a sellers use of their own HTML, or images too large or improperly configured.

Can you post an item #?

Our templates are configured properly. The reason you may not see it elsewhere is because we have a lot more features and customization available to sellers and that often leads to getting into trouble. Examples of things we allow a seller to do but can get them in trouble if they don't know what they are doing are 1.) editing our templates 2.) pairing images.

Both of those are things you can't do at other places.

I've read all the threads and I'm not aware of any case where the cause was our template. A quick post of an item # in question will give an answer.
Last edited by auctivajeff
Hi Jeff,

I've used the exact same custom logo (vintage ciaobella) with Vendio, centered in the same position and never had a problem with placement of two images side-by-side. The auction #20013505226. Strange, is that when viewing the auction in Firefox, the side-by-side placement is fine. However, if you view it in IE or the AOL browser, it's so wide you have to scroll back and forth to read the info. I'm sure I could probably avoid any problems if I ALWAYS choose the vertical placement for all pictures, but when you have more than just a few images, that choice is not the most productive and can actually turn buyers off. Is there a certain size formula with side-by-side images that we could follow to avoid the stretched template?
Hi Bella i too see the problem with your auction only in IE7 with Firefox it opens normally. Read this post https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1071064901/m/2131040832 for someone with the same problem I was trying to help. She finally ended up sending a support request and I am unsure as to the outcome.I tried stripping her HTML coding to see if I could find the problem. Some suggestions to try and see if it works.
1) Center your text
2) Add a break between each line of your description This allows the center function to work better and keep the text centered
I had this same problem also with some auctions I was running but my problem was with Table Width which I modified in my source code and fixed. I too find that paired photos present nicer but they give me viewing problems were the template runs off the screen.
Steve
Hi bella -

I can tell just by looking at it that the problem is caused by the HTML you entered for your description. It is interfering with the template. If you use our description editor located on the lister page when you create listings, this eliminates "most" of the problems that arise with the templates. With this particular template, the paired images should not give you horizontal scroll.

We are working on ways to alert users to the fact that certain actions can result in horizontal scroll. This is on that list Smile

Thanks!
Cara
Hi Cara,

Could you be more specific with your answer regarding the description HTML? Your quote follows:

quote:
I can tell just by looking at it that the problem is caused by the HTML you entered for your description. It is interfering with the template.

When you refer to the HTML for the description,
are you referring to the entire auction description, including the separate sections for PAYMENT, SHIPPING & HANDLING, TERMS OF SALE and ABOUT US? Or, are you referring ONLY to the HTML direct under the pictures which describe the item? Thanks in advance for your assistance. I want to get this right!
Take a section or two out at a time and post until you find out which it is. Or simply print out what you have then start over using our design editor.

Alternately you could post a test listing on eBay and then make the changes as I've suggested above and use eBays revise feature and our GetHTML feature to revise the listing pasting in the different attempts. That way you wouldn't need to pay seperate listings fees for each attempt.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.