Skip to main content

I am curious as to the response of Auctiva Store users and Auctiva support in regards to their implementation of catagories in the Auctiva store. While I like the store and it's a nice feature the imlementation of catagories makes no sense to me (or I am horribly missing something).

The default method is to match the top level eBay catagory. OK fair enough, but that's hardly enough for most volume sellers. If you sold a lot of books (say thousands) and had an eBay store you would likely have a catagory for each type of book (cookbooks, travel, fiction, non-fiction) etc.). In your Auctiva store you would have only ONE catagory, books. Not very helpful!

So their solution is custom catagories that are generated by search terms. Huh! In the book catagory the item description is not going to say fiction, it's a wasted word. Also, the keyword field only accepts about 3 or 4 words, not enough. Frankly it's a methodology that requires way too much work and will invariably miss products in the searches.

The killer to all of this is that each eBay store has catagories that we have setup ALREADY! Why can't you use them. I know many users do not have a store and the methoodolgy provided might be OK, but for any reasonable level of volume it's pretty marginal.

Anyway around this or am I going to have to simply live with it. I just want to use my eBay store catagories.

Thanks for the rant opportunity Wink
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments, richgeasey, however, I would like to choose my own main categories and sub-categories.

The majority of items I have to sell are listed under Sporting Goods in my store. The actual items I am selling are displays. They're listed under Sporting Goods on eBay because They are primarily used to display martial arts belts, sashes and certificates or photos. So, the main category "Sporting Goods" is way off base in my case - pun intended.

Thanks! Katherine
I am new and I am wondering the same thing! I am sitting here trying to figure out how to even use the key work category thing (cant seem to wrap my mind around it!) but then thinking "why do I have to re-categorize everything if I ALREADY choose a category when I list it?! My ebay store category!

I hope that this change is made - or someone can tell me how to use this key word category thing in a better way. We sell books and beads. YIKES! Can you imagine just having those two categories and trying to find something in our store! Confused
Hi, I hope, no desperately need the ability to create Auctiva store categories to match my eBay store categories.

Tried to use the key word feature but I get too many ambiguities with my wares for it to work so I have had to give up on that and the basic eBay categories are far too coarse.

Afterall our eBay store categories are already imported into our Auctiva accounts for when we create listings for eBay, so it must be fairly easy to allow the option of using these in our Auctiva store too.

Come on Mr Auctiva, please Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.