Skip to main content

My computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything, I always load my pictures from my own computer and I need active x to achieve this ,my computer will not download active x because you have let your certificate expire on the 13-07-13 would you correct this please,also all my saved profiles are now missing the description and I can,t edit them Help please
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi redbus30,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing. We are currently investigating the issue which is preventing you from installing the Active X control used by the Auctiva Uploader and will make sure the issue resolved as soon as possible.

I cannot provide a specific estimate of when the issue will be resolved at the moment, but I will follow up with you again through this thread when we have been able to address the issue or any other pertinent information becomes available.

For the time being, you should be able to use the Auctiva Uploader successfully if you temporarily switch to another browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for which the Auctiva Uploader uses Java instead of Active X.

If you do not already have either of these browsers installed, you can download them free of charge using the links provided in the “Latest Browser” section of our FAQ page located at: http://www.auctiva.com/help/faq/most-commonly-asked/

Also, there is a compatibility issue between Internet Explorer 10.0 and the older version of the description editor which is currently in use within your account so, given that you are no longer able to see your descriptions, I suspect you recently updated to Internet Explorer 10.0 and ar
e now running into this conflict as a result.

Provided that is the case, in order to be able to view and edit your descriptions using the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, you will just need to update your account to use the newer description editor we have available. This can be done by mousing over the “My Account” tab within your account, selecting the “Account Preferences” option, checking the box next to “Use Design Editor v2.0” in the Listing Management section and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

We have been gradually phasing out the older version of the description editor and it has not been available in new accounts for quite some time now. As part of this process, if you update your account to use the newer editor, it also will not be possible to resume using the older one once again.

Since this particular issue is specific to the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, you should also be able to work around the issue by using either the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers if you would prefer.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab on our site and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Hi redbus30,

We have just released an update to correct the issue which was likely preventing you from installing the Active X control used by the Auctiva Uploader, so you should now be able to install that control and use the Auctiva Uploader through Internet Explorer successfully.

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention!

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.