Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi teeger,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

The Auctiva Uploader uses Java so I suspect the message you are receiving is indicative that you do not have the required Java plugin installed, or that there is an issue with the plug-in. If you simply do not have this Java plug-in installed, you should just need to install the plug-in when prompted to be able to use the uploader.

On the other hand, if you were previously able to use the Auctiva Uploader successfully and therefore already have the required Java plug-in installed, the behavior you are seeing is likely a side effect of the latest Java update (version 7 update 51) that was released.

This particular Java update caused a variety of uploading difficulties for our users - including though who have not installed the update - so, in that case, I recommend checking to make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.

You can confirm whether you are using the latest version of Java (and update if applicable) from the following page of the Java website: www.java.com/verify

If you have already installed the latest version of Java, or you continue to encounter the same behavior after updating, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Hi teeger,

Sorry about that. I'm not quite sure why the link I included in my last response was not working, but I confirmed that it was also pointing to a "page not found" error and have updated it to point to the correct location.

In any event, since you have already updated to Java version 7 update 51 and are still encountering this behavior, I would then recommend completely uninstalling any instances of Java that are currently on your system and then installing the latest version anew from: www.java.com

If you need any further assistance with this matter, please file a support ticket from under the "Help" tab within your account and we will proceed from there on an individual basis.

-Mike
Hi teeger,

It is just fine that you currently have both Mozilla Firefox 26.0 and Google Chrome installed, but your inability to re-install Java due to the error message you mentioned receiving very well may be related to your difficulties using the Auctiva Uploader.

The link that you mentioned being presented along with the error is not working for me (even after replacing “jave” with “java”), but it sounds like that page should have some information that may help you troubleshoot this issue so I definitely recommend checking the page in question and looking over the details there first.

I also did some research with respect to similar Java errors, and it seems like the recommendations on the following page of the Java website may relate to your situation: http://java.com/en/download/help/connect_proxy.xml

I am hopeful that you will be able to use the Auctiva Uploader successfully once you can get around this issue and successfully re-install the latest version of Java.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.