Skip to main content

OK, I am trying to switch over from SD and have a few questions. First, how many pictures can I list per auction before ebay charges extra? Second, what is alignment and grouping? Does that have to do with the pictues? Also, I have a bunch of templates from SD with theit tags on them, how easy is it to switch them over to use here? Just one more, I know where to add the custom template...how do I get the description in?? Do I have to put it on each template or do I just type it in the description area and it is inserted into the template. Thanks for your help on any or all of these questions!!

Tara Confused
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm from SD too and learning as I go myself but I'll give it a shot . . .

I'm pretty sure you can insert up yo 16 pictures.

And the tags are fairly easy to switch over. Just insert you template into the custome template area and once in design mode you can highlight the SD code and then click on the Auctiva code and your done. The pictures can be tricky because things aren't the same here as there so don't expect them to work the same way.

The description tag added to your template will allow you to enter the description from the lister.

Hope this helps Wink
Thanks for your help!!

I have made a few templates for myself (and shared) but I DO have to remember to load all those images here. Thanks for the reminder!!

I am slowly figuring things out here. Now I just have to get listing!!

I hope you figure out how to make the thumbnails smaller...I will be watching for that post. It is weird to have them so big when you are used to them being so small!! GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks again! Once I get myself a bit more orginized I will start sharing my templates here as well Smile
quote:
If the designer gives us permission we'll host the images and put them into a category in our template picker. That feature should be out Tuesday. We could have a "User created" template category for example. If there is a prolific template maker maybe they even get their own category.

This sounds great...the templates are really nice now, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new ones. I know NOTHING about creating them, (HTML is a mystery to me) but I hope someone has a template with model trains that they are willing to share. My husband has decided to sell most of his HO scale trains, and I'd like to find a catchy template to show them off.
quote:
I hope someone has a template with model trains that they are willing to share. My husband has decided to sell most of his HO scale trains, and I'd like to find a catchy template to show them off.

KWK does great template work and is now a member. If you'd like I can pass your message onto her as I'm on several boards with her. Her work is beautiful!
Take care, Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.