Skip to main content

Auctiva support can't we curb all this crumb type spamming, or lets coin a new term here, and restrict 'crumbing' to signatures.

It is one thing in signatures and no doubt it gets sellers more cents/pennies but getting it thrust into boards as new threads and within threads throwing them off topic would not be tolerated in any other form where it would be called spamming.

So please, curb crumbing.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree with you. This message has nothing that is of interest to my post and I also consider it spam. It also seems like it is similar to one of the multi-level marketing scams or chain letter spam that people who having nothing better to do send out.
I want to earn my money honestly by selling my stuff, not by bothering my friends.
Hi N to summarise from the start of this thread :-
quote:
... or lets coin a new term here, and restrict 'crumbing' to signatures.

..... but getting it thrust into boards as new threads and within threads throwing them off topic would not be tolerated in any other form where it would be called spamming.

It refers to the postings which advertise a revenue earning by a sort of pyramid payment system, just have a look at the site e.g. via member_8880's signature. I justed coined the term from one of the most popular sites, bigcrumbs.

Many use and enjoy it but just like anything else thrown into threads inappropriately and generally as advertising it is spam and not good board ettiquette, including inappropriate threads on boards. Smile
Frown

I'll go find them. But I'm afraid BigCrumbs may end up in our cussing filter along with f**k and s**t. I'm not sure but I would think that would include signature lines.
quote:
Maybe he's finally getting some sleep Smile
It's getting better. I've been going to bed around 4am after the baby feeds. My wife usually gets up around 7am or the next time he wakes up. So I get to sleep in. The time is flying. He was 8 weeks old a few days ago. He's up to 12 lbs. He was 8lb 6oz when he was born and I think 7lbs 10oz when we left the hospital.
Hi Jeff!

Good to hear from you. Glad baby is doing well and glad you're getting at least a little sleep Smile

quote:
But I'm afraid BigCrumbs may end up in our cussing filter along with f**k and s**t. I'm not sure but I would think that would include signature lines

Hope it doesn't come to this, but like you said before, people do stupid things. I honestly don't think any harm was meant but it's so darn annoying! You know, like a baby's cries waking you up right after you've fallen asleep Big Grin

Thanks for posting !
Jeanie, it's not a problem (currently) having the link in your signature - the problem is that people are starting new threads to advertise this service, and because it is not 'new news', it is effectively spamming. If we can't get people to stop spamming, Auctiva will add 'BigCrumbs' to their 'cussing filter' as Jeff so eloquently put it ( Big Grin ) and that will cause a problem with our signature files, because it will pick up all our posts and block them.
OK people, let's get a grip please.

There is ONE original thread here:

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1071064901/m/9761054791

that can still be viewed and posted to. This thread is acceptable because:

1. It is NOT spam, it was originated by a well established member of the Auctiva community

2. There is only ONE post and it's in the correct area, not posted all over the place

3.It is strictly informational, it's not an entire page devoted to advertizing

BTW, this thread is over a year old...

There are places to post if you want to advertise, the BC site itself, MySpace, your own personal webpage, etc. I get at least 4 of these a week in my BC account. As soon as I see what it is, I delete it. It's like having to listen to the sales pitch of a car salesman when you're not even looking for car. It's SPAM and it's rude, and this is not the place for it.

Auctiva is actually pretty lenient when it comes to posting, so you know if your post gets pulled you have REALLY crossed the line. This is JMHO but I know I'm not alone.

Please stop the spamming or before you know it we won't even be able to have the link in our sigs any more. If you want signups, please do it the right way.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Miss M i agree 100% I have not added my BC link in my siggy because of worries. I like $$$'s as much as the next person but when is enough enough?
All of these new posts for BC worry me. Where are they coming from?
Is someone trying to topple the pyramid? Is this BC themselves SPAMMING the boards?
Get a grip people and go about things the proper way!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.