Skip to main content

Hi,
I created a custom html coding which have css. I got the html code sorted out for auctiva. in auctiva the template look very nice. But when i publish to ebay, the code somehow messed up all the ebay page. the ebay page get messed up but my template somehow is ok. so what did i do wrong. check my listing here. this are the id for the ebay listing. search it using ebay.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have exactly the same problem Auctiva acknowledged that this was a problem in 2006!! They promised to contact me when they had put it right???.. Seems they haven't got around to it yet?.. I just spent an hour filling in the details on an Auctiva template... only to be told by the stupid machine that I had to enter either a description only or a description with pictures before I could save it???... This apparently is something to do with the HTML???.. They told me I needed NO HTML knowledge whatsoever to generate a Template???..
So it seems I have wasted yet another hour of my valuable time to no avail.. I searched the forum but all I found out from the boffins is that I must enter a "Tag" into the HTML???.. What is a Tag and how and where do I enter it?? No information about that!
Such a pity that they don't understand that there are lots of us Non Computer Nerds out here who do not have the faintest notion as to what HTML is or how and where to use it Forums are great IF you speak Computerese??.. John :O)

quote:
Originally posted by bari86:
Hi,
I created a custom html coding which have css. I got the html code sorted out for auctiva. in auctiva the template look very nice. But when i publish to ebay, the code somehow messed up all the ebay page. the ebay page get messed up but my template somehow is ok. so what did i do wrong. check my listing here. this are the id for the ebay listing. search it using ebay.com
What I was trying to say is don't do something like this in your style sheet...
td {
border-bottom:1px solid #FFFFFF;
border-left:1px solid #FFFFFF;
padding-left:11px;
padding-right:11px;
}
This will put this style on every td on that page, including eBay's header. Rather give those tds their own specific id that will not be confused with anything that eBay already has in place.

As CSS is cascading and your template comes further down the page, your CSS will be considered most specific and will overwrite anything that is already in place above it.
i have tried deleting few part in my css coding and it seems the template is working.but if i delete that coding in the css, then my template is not working. i notice that this coding is causing the problem:

img {
	background: #FAFAFA;
   border: 1px solid #E5E5E5;
	padding: 5px;
}
img.float-right {
  margin: 5px 0px 10px 10px;  
}
img.float-left {
  margin: 5px 10px 10px 0px;
}

h1, h2, h3, p {
	padding: 10px;		
	margin: 0;
}
ul, ol {
	margin: 5px 20px;
	padding: 0 20px;
}

if i change the "img" to "img1" then the problem is solve. but i dont think i can change it simply like that as the code "img" cannot be renamed just like i rename other "div id" tag. so how to solve this?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.