Skip to main content

OK, I really hate to admit this butI need help. I've listed 2 things using Auctiva and I think I could have listed 12 thru turbolister in the same time. I understand the time needed will decrease with my understanding and use of the new program. My problem is I canot find any of the software downloads they keep refering to. Can anyone help me find there version of turbolister. Also, after reading several of the post one discussed sellathon. Awsome program. Is it part of Auctiva or just linked to it.

thanks
redneck. Sorry no cute phrase yet.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Red Neck Smile(cute name)

I have been here for a while... never listed because I think all the profiles keep me totally confused. I am going to start trying to list here now since they fixed the bandwith problem.

From my understanding after reading many threads... I think you can list without using the profiles. Hope that helps. There is also a great "live"online class that helped me understand the logic of the site. I need to listen to the second one and have that on my todo list this week.

quote:
with well-thought out profiles, I am getting postings listed in less than two minutes a piece.

Wish I knew more about well thought out so I could be that fast.

Creole Trader
Yeah, profiles are important for your speed. For example, if all of your shipping information is the same for every auction -- or if it's all the same except for one or two bits -- then creating a shipping profile will save you the time of typing that (or copying and pasting) each time because it will be preloaded if you "create from similar" or one click away if you create a brand new listing.
Thanks for the info. Started setting up profiles and I'm sure speed will pick up just by looking at them. Do you have to be online to list though? With turbolister I can setup listings anytime then log on and upload. I keep reading of some post program and another that I think is like turbolister. Got a discussion spot for it but can't find the program. I'm sure someone will have the info. This site looks great and I'm sure it will be a great benefit. The info from sellathon is unbelievable. Looks like I found some great stuff to help our little business. Smile
Hello,

I highly recommend that you set up profiles. They will save you loads of time. It took me a bit of time to figure out how to set up my profiles, but now that I have, it sure makes things go much smoother.

I have set up a Detail profile for (1) new items in my store, (2) vintage items in my store, (3) vintage items for auction, etc. Each profile has an identifying name like "StoreNewItem", "RegularStoreItem", "RegularStoreBook", etc.

I also set up Master Profiles for each of those, so that I could choose all the settings I wanted specifically for the type of listing. The master profiles also have similar identifying names.

When I get ready to list, I merely need to select the appropriate Master Profile from the Create New Listing option. If I need to make changes to, say, the shipping weight, I do that as I create the listing.

It does take a little while to get the hang of things, but any new program usually does!
Hi Community,

Here are instructions for setting up and using profiles:

First, you'll want to create profiles for each of the 4 individual profiles by going to Auctiva -> Profiles(tab).

Begin by click on the "Item Details" link on the profiles page and enter any information in that section that you'll want to load into each of your auctions. Most of the information in the item details section will vary from listing to listings, so the only thing you want to include in this section is any text you want to appear in the description of all your listings. If you'll be using the same template for all your listings, you may want to select the template as well. Once you have filled out this information, name you item details profile and save.

Next, click the "Marketing Tools" link on the profiles page. If you want to use the gallery feature in all your listings, check the box next to "gallery", name your marketing tools profile and save.

Then, click the "Shipping Tools" link on the profiles page and enter your shipping information. Name your shipping tools profile and save.

Next, click the "Checkout Options" link on the profiles page and fill out your checkout information. Name your checkout profile and save.

Once you have saved all 4 of these profiles, you'll want to combine them into a master profile. To accomplish this, click on the profiles tab and then "Master". Select each of the 4 profiles you just created from their respective pulldown menus, name your master profile, and save.

Once you have done this, you can load your master profile at the beginning of creating your listing and all the profile information will be loaded into the lister. Just select your master profile from the master profile pulldown menu at the top right of the page and click "Load".

I hope this helps=)

-Mike
HI redneck. They do have Mr. Poster, which is offline and free, but it really is limited in what it does, and you may as well stick to turbo.

Finding how to get to the download for Mr. Poster was an endeavor in itself, and now that I have signed up for an account there (along with this account-giving me 2 Auctiva accounts with the same info HUH? what is that all about anyway?) downloaded the Mr. program, saw what it doesn't do, uninstalled it, I can't figure out how to cancel that account, cuz it took me forever just to find the dang thing to begin with...
I was checking out the profile templates, and they are perfect for listing batches of similar items with lots of the same parameters.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.