Skip to main content

In other thread wayoutwest reminded me about something I've been trying to figure out.

I set up a separate ID just for the eBay boards but didn't realize until I did so that you're only allowed x-amount of posts (10?) until that ID's feedback hits a certain number (also 10, I think?).

Does this mean that every "fake" ID on there has to be a real ID as well? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Is there any way around it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ya, know I just don't know. I know there are afew on the stores board that use posting ids with 0 fb, but I don't think they post more then 10 post.

I just found out about that the other day, but since I just started reading the board and my fb is over 250 guess I wouldn't of known, lol.

After Steve's comment, i got thinking and think i'm going to watch very carefully what i post. I noticed this morning I already had a post removed cause I posted about some program ebay has for new sellers and it listed a phone number. However i found it right on the ebay site, guess they didn't want that number out there cause it isn't easy to find.
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
I just found out about that the other day, but since I just started reading the board and my fb is over 250 guess I wouldn't of known, lol.

After Steve's comment, i got thinking and think i'm going to watch very carefully what i post. I noticed this morning I already had a post removed cause I posted about some program ebay has for new sellers and it listed a phone number. However i found it right on the ebay site, guess they didn't want that number out there cause it isn't easy to find.

I love the eBay store forum and a few others. The eBay Store Forum got mighty explosive not long ago. (not quite as bad as the SD forums would get) and I didn't visit that forum for a couple of weeks to let it die down.

Do I post? Nope. Reasons are the same as Steve stated.

The Pinks came after you Lisa?
I call it being "pink slapped"....HA!

So sorry!

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
Ya, know I just don't know. I know there are afew on the stores board that use posting ids with 0 fb, but I don't think they post more then 10 post.

you got pink slapped for *that*?!?!?! Sheeze! I saw that thread (i think i even posted in it, but dont remember) and saw nothing wrong with it. *shaking head* unbelievable!

welcome to the 'Been Pink Slapped' club! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
In other thread wayoutwest reminded me about something I've been trying to figure out.

I set up a separate ID just for the eBay boards but didn't realize until I did so that you're only allowed x-amount of posts (10?) until that ID's feedback hits a certain number (also 10, I think?).

Does this mean that every "fake" ID on there has to be a real ID as well? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Is there any way around it?

What I do is use one of my buyer id's. I'm not worried about ebay tracking back my comments to me (i dont say anything i wouldnt say to meg herself - course i've been known to shoot off my mouth at the wrong times laf!) My only concerns are the trouble makers on the ebay boards (and thus i use buying id which doesnt track back to my seller id - not through me page, etc).
quote:
you got pink slapped for *that*?!?!?! Sheeze! I saw that thread (i think i even posted in it, but dont remember) and saw nothing wrong with it. *shaking head* unbelievable!

welcome to the 'Been Pink Slapped' club!

Oh you saw it? I went to bed right after I posted it at like 4am, lol so didn't even get to see if anyone made any comments.

I can kinda see why they did it, with the big uproar about the search feature on the board these days, they probably don't want any phone number listed anywhere. I could see that phone come monday morning, lol.

I really didn't mean harm by it, I was just kinda really surprised that I actually found a phone number for customer service on there very own site, they like to protect those numbers pretty good.
i saw it cause ended up staying up most of night. couldnt sleep. (so of course i ended up sleeping all day - oops!)

you should have gotten an email saying that you had been slapped. basically an email saying that your violated their forums policy and that repeat violations can lead to temporary suspension, NARU, etc.

course, it might be stuck in ebay's email server too. we all know how often that happens *sigh*

i was surprised the number was out there too. and it looked like the page was saying "call us if you need help selling" (regardless of whether you have a store or not)
quote:
i was surprised the number was out there too. and it looked like the page was saying "call us if you need help selling" (regardless of whether you have a store or no

yep, thats what i took from it too.

quote:
you should have gotten an email saying that you had been slapped. basically an email saying that your violated their forums policy and that repeat violations can lead to temporary suspension, NARU, etc.

Nope, no email. But I'd like to know what policy I violated, since what I posted was right on their site.
I've hung out in the stores board off and on for years. There really is a lot to learn on there.

It's usually a safe place to use your real seller ID, and can result in extra sales when you do. But other ebay forums can be brutal and I definitely recommend a posting ID for those.

Ebay didn't used to restrict posts in the forums and there were a lot of upset people when it started. And a lot of recipe purchases, from my understanding.

All you need to set up a buying or posting ID is a separate email address. Either a separate one from your ISP, or a web-based email address and a credit card. I highly recommend having more than one ebay ID... it is especially good to have if you are purchasing items for resale on ebay.
Duh...I didn't even think of that. I've done that buying and reselling from ebay and other sites. And I've used the same id for all sites. (I want my buyers to be able to find me). I need to get another I.D.!! You know, sometimes things can be right in front of you, and you never see them.

I tease my parents, saying I've caught their forgetfulness from them, or as a child once referred to it, "the oldtimers."

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.