Skip to main content

I had a weird thing happen yesterday. I invoiced one of my regular customers on 3/30 and somehow managed (via eBay) to include on the invoice something he'd already gone through eBay checkout for and paid via PayPal on 3/27. I saw it when I did it but just didn't remember that he'd already paid for it.

So how is it that it showed up as unpaid for when I invoiced him for a newer win? Also, since he paid this new invoice (I refunded him later) the item shows that payment was received via PayPal on 3/30 (the second invoice). My PayPal account shows that he paid for the item on both dates.

I assume it was just a random glitch but FYI and all that...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It has become very neccessary for a seller to keep his own payment records. I have had double payments in the past. It gets frustrating having to go through the refund process because eBay and PayPal are not seamlessly integrated like they state that they are. In the past, I always relied on getting an email confirmation that I received the payment and pull the address from the email. I can't do this anymore because sometimes I either get the email 3 days later or I just never get one. And it dont even show up as paid on the my eBay page for 3 days. Hmmm, if everything worked like it was supposed to, I'd have a lot more time to do nothing.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
So how is it that it showed up as unpaid for when I invoiced him for a newer win? Also, since he paid this new invoice (I refunded him later) the item shows that payment was received via PayPal on 3/30 (the second invoice). My PayPal account shows that he paid for the item on both dates.

I assume it was just a random glitch but FYI and all that...

It's happened to me..not often, but its frustrating to say the least.

EBAY and PAYPAL are not seamlessly meshed together and you the seller must stay on top of double checking before resending another invoice. Trust me, I've learned this the hard way! <smile>

Take care, Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.