Skip to main content

Hello,
I am fairly new with auctiva, I do have an ebay store and have gone through the steps to import my store categories, however it does not import the subcategories. Is the only way to achieve this is make search links for every sub category? Seems a crucial piece of code to import the ebay store sub categories to make browsing easier for customers who find your store vs your ebay store.

www.heroes4sale.com (auctiva)
www.stores.ebay.com/Heroes-4Sale (ebay store)

a noticeable difference in ease of use, does auctiva pro help with this?
Michael
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Heroes-4 Sale,

The Auctiva store categories operate independently of your eBay store categories, and it is not possible to directly import your eBay store categories to your Auctiva store. The "Update Store Categories" link on the eBay Settings" page within your account just imports your eBay store categories such that they can be selected from the "eBay store category" pull-down menus on the Auctiva lister page.

When your Auctiva store is generated, the default categories that are appears are simply the primary eBay categories in which your items are listed. However, you can create custom search categories for your Auctiva store by clicking the "Store" tab within your account, and then clicking the "Search Categories" link on the ensuing page. Once you have created at least one custom search category, the default categories will be removed and replaced with your custom search categories.

For listings to appear in a search from your Custom Category, the keywords specified for that search must appear in the titles of your listings. If you set your Match Logic to “All Words”, the search results will only return listings with titles containing all of your keywords. On the other hand, if you set it to “Any Words”, the search results will return listings with titles containing any one of your keywords.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please file a support request using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.