Skip to main content

I would think that Auctiva might consider adapting the listing tool for eBid.net. That site seems very easy to adapt to as the format is a straight Excel spreadsheet capable of accepting up to 500 listings at a time, though I have been doing 5 at a time. I'm pasting my listings in very easily. Obviously there are some propritory considerations, but eBid is very responsive to new sellers. I asked for a subcategory in N Scale Model RR and within a couple of hours the N Scale category had the following subcategories:
Arnold

Athearn

Atlas

Bachmann

Brass Imports

Buildings

Con-Cor

Decals

Detail Parts

Fleischmann

Graham Farish

Intermountain

Kadee

Kato

Life-Like

MTL

Minitrix

Model Power

Other

Peco

Red Caboose

Roundhouse

Track & Accessories

Walthers

This willingness to assist sellers is like a breathe of fresh air and I am moving my 1000+ store listings at the leisurely pace of about 25 per day and plan to pretty much let eBay do what they want. I paid $50 for a lifetime of no listing fees and no Final Value Fees. If I sell nothing, I'll have saved about $50 in fixed eBay fees.

I did opt for their Gallery Pictures. That will cost me 2% Final Value Fees when an item sells - 10% less than eBay's 12%!

So, Auctiva, How about cutting a deal with eBid and go with a site with enormous potential? There are multiple checkout plans including PayPal, Google Cash, Merchant Accounts, PPPay, etc.
jmwasson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by showtime8:
Interesting. Have you sold anything on ebid? I looked at lots of categories and there was not a bid on anything. Do you think they will get popular in time?
Thanks.

I've been on ebid for 4 months and have sold over 40 items. I was a small time collectible seller on e*ay but left in October. Ebid's fees are great, I too opted for the $50 lifetime membership which I recouped within the first month. I also use gallery pics on my items so if the item sells I have the 2% FVF [which believe me after the bay I don't have any problem with 2%].

I sell vintage star wars and GI Joe items. I have 3 stores [they give you 5 free stores] when you join with the $50 lifetime membership.

If Auctiva could work out a deal with ebid, I'd start using Auctiva's insurance again.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.