Skip to main content

Hey everyone!

Just had a quick question about ecrater...

I just signed up today for my store and I thought that I read somewhere on our boards that you should put your store on hold until you are ready to sell. What does putting your store on hold exactly mean?

I know that ecrater has their own forums and have been looking there for answers as well. I am pretty green over there so I thought I would ask my "dumb" questions to the folks who already know me, lol Wink

Thanks and stay cool today!! It is a hot one again here in NC.

Marcia
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by nobostore:
Good luck on ecrater!
I just got my first order on there... hopefully it will go through... i guess you never know till you actually receive the payment and send it out. The order is paid through money order... anyways... Razz

GOOD LUCK!

Congrats Nobo.

(you oughta put your ecrater store in your sig as search engines will pick the url up as they comb the web, plus you never know when you could pick up a sale from one of we fine folks)
here's the full lowdown on test items can cause your ecrater store to be deleted (from an email I received from Dimitri):

quote:
Currently there are more than 6,000 sellers on eCRATER and if everybody starts to post test listings it will become a mess. Of course the seller can test his/her store but it must be put on hold first (refer to our terms)

So I created a crawler that primary goal was to enforce the compliance with the terms.

The crawler is smart enough to count the number of your items and anylise them first.

If you have more than 90% of items that comply with the terms, only the items that do not comply will be removed.

If more than 90% of your items do not comply with the terms your store will be either:

banned - if you have more than 20 items
removed - if you have less than 20 items.

So, if your first listing is a test listing, it will cause the store to be deleted (if store is not put on hold first).

If you have 10 real items and 1 test item (and store is not on hold), the test item will simply be deleted.

If you have 8 real items and one test item (and store is not on hold), your store will be deleted.

(not sure what happens if you have 9 real and 1 test item, since that would be exactly 90% in compliance and Dimitri said if MORE THAN 90%)
Last edited by wayoutwest
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
I have a single item in an eCrater Store. It's been there forever. Anyway, I was thinking of filling that store and opening 2 more. However, I did an eCrater search for this one item several times and it did NOT come up. Heck, I even used 'exact' keywords and still nothing. Hmmmm...............answers anyone?

What's the item?
It should come up in an ecrater.com search as long as your store is still open.
They have been playing witht he search feature recently and I know I am having problems too.
quote:
Originally posted by BTPS:
quote:
I have a single item in an eCrater Store. It's been there forever. Anyway, I was thinking of filling that store and opening 2 more. However, I did an eCrater search for this one item several times and it did NOT come up. Heck, I even used 'exact' keywords and still nothing. Hmmmm...............answers anyone?

What's the item?
They have been playing witht he search feature recently and I know I am having problems too.

Hey, I was wondering (yes, I'm thinking again, lol), I really like, CityMax's set up. It's only $19.95 per month for 500 items (plenty for me) and you only pay an additional $1.00 for every 100 items you add after that per month. You can even get the site at $16.95 if you pay a year in advance. Anyway, I'm thinking I might close my eBay Store and open a CityMax website.

I haven't mentioned it before but I have several eBay IDs I sell on. I'm thinking I could open a CityMax website and use it for all of my selling IDs. I'm wondering if I could direct buyers to specific catalog pages I would create on my CityMax website. I like, eCrater, free is good. However, I want more control over the appearance and so forth.

Anyone have a CityMax website / experience?
quote:

Magie..

It's just as Danielle said..every time I tweak my faqs, descriptions, etc etc just a bit I get more sales.

This is due to eCrater/Froogle and the resubmit will reindexe my sales.

You'd be amazed, really how well it works.

It's also working if you put your ebay store on vacation and then take it off. eBay will then reindex your items into the searches.

Try it! I found that tip on the eBay stores board.

My Best,
Donna
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's the item?

Hey, I was wondering (yes, I'm thinking again, lol), I really like, CityMax's set up. It's only $19.95 per month for 500 items (plenty for me) and you only pay an additional $1.00 for every 100 items you add after that per month. You can even get the site at $16.95 if you pay a year in advance. Anyway, I'm thinking I might close my eBay Store and open a CityMax website.

I haven't mentioned it before but I have several eBay IDs I sell on. I'm thinking I could open a CityMax website and use it for all of my selling IDs. I'm wondering if I could direct buyers to specific catalog pages I would create on my CityMax website. I like, eCrater, free is good. However, I want more control over the appearance and so forth.

Is that the link that I saw earlier from you this year? Various shades of pink? And a real store look in graphics?

That looked like it had the means to be successful.

Lemme know after you do some more research, ok?

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's the item?

Is that the link that I saw earlier from you this year? Various shades of pink? And a real store look in graphics?

That looked like it had the means to be successful.

Lemme know after you do some more research, ok?

Take care, Donna

Aw, you're sweet. The various shades of pink, was my eBay Store. I was playing around with it. I ended up going with various shades of beige (more my style). Thanks for the compliment.

The CityMax seems to come equiped with a lot of features. Their website creator is very user friendly. They do not have an eBay checkout redirect for their storefronts. However, you can launch store / website listings to eBay. You can name each page for search engine optimization. I dunno, 10% is getting a tad too greedy, and .05 + .01 to list any item is rediculous.

A flat $19.95 or $16.95 (a year paid in full) sounds better to me. Then again, I don't have more than 500 items. Well, I could list more. Adding a mere $1.00 per every additional 100 items seems reasonable. I can't figure out the oscommerce or any of that, and I want a clean professional look. I think, CityMax is right for me. I'll let you know.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.