Skip to main content

I finally got around to doing an about me page on ebay and was wondering if anyone would check it out and give me some feedback.

Do you think people actually check out ME pages on ebay? I have sometimes, but usually don't. Do you think it is important to maintain this page or is it just wasted space?

I am sorry, but I do not have luck listing URLs. Let me know if this works.
http://stores.ebay.com/Rainbow-Creek-Creations
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good morning from Sunny FL,

Here's the link to your ME page
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=denverdoni

ME pages? Wasted Space? Nope.

That ME page will get picked up by search engines. If you use the page to your advantage, using the keywords that are in your store description..that's twice as much exposure via search engines, like Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.

ANYTIME you can double, triple, quadruple your submissions to search engines, grab em. And doing a ME page (which eBay submits to search engines) is more exposure.

I would advise you to have more keywords on your ME page. The description in your store is absolutely perfect and heavy with keywords.

Even though your store header is on the page with the keywords..it still might be in your best interest to have those keywords used throughout also.

If you switch to an HTML based page instead of using the basic eBay, I'd highly recommend using meta tags.

Your logo is pretty and matches your store..I'd advise having a ME page made to match your logo. Then you could use keywords in meta tags.

Time for another cup of coffee.

Good Luck,
Donna
Donna, thanks for the advice. I am having a website built too and will see if the designer can help me out with the meta tags and logo ideas.

So maintaining my ME page should include keeping the keywords current with the items I am featuring. I will keep that in mind.

How do you get those URLs in the posts? I haven't been able to figure that out.
quote:
How do you get those URLs in the posts? I haven't been able to figure that out.

URLs can sometimes be tricky to figure out. A lot of times, though, the URL for everyone else will be whatever you see in the address bar when you're on the page yourself. I think that's the case with eBay URLs although I could be wrong.

With Etsy, by the way, it seems you have to log out and then search for your ID in order to see the actual URL (I just tried it with mine).

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.