Skip to main content

Hi,I have been tempted to sign up for auctiva for some time now. I just took the plunge and I'm so confused. Where has my e-bay gone? It is like a totally different site. Do I not sign into e-bay anymore? do I just go to auctiva when I list? I hope i'm making sense as I'm no computer whiz. I thought I would sign up for Auctiva and it would be added to e-bay site? Thanks for the help, Catty
cathy
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Cathy,
Don't freak out just yet, Smile Yes it's a whole different site BUT...just as you had to learn ebay's 'sell your item' form, you'll have to learn this too. (If I can ANYONE can, I'm completely computer illiteret) It WILL be worth it,, trust me. On Auctiva's home page, be sure to take the tutorials they will help you immensley. Just follow the instructions, use common sense, and if you get hung up on something, ask here for help. You will be very happy with this service, give it a try! Do a listing just for practice...hit 'save' when you are done, that way it won't get posted, you can see how it turns out. Play with it and have fun!
Hi catty, take it step by step, and you too will be generating great listings.

Just do not do what some people seem to do and that is put out dozens of listings and then realise there is something not right and have to edit them all again.

Mastering all facets of Auctiva's tools takes a little while but if in doubt after the tutorials post a help request on these boards in the appropriate board with a relevant title. Include in your post information what you wanted to do and why e.g. it did not go as planned. It makes replies a lot easier and quicker. Smile
Auctiva should be used as your "Front End" for listing and then some. I just started using it the other day and have learned many of the in's and outs.

First thing to do is create your shipping profile, payment profile etc. and save each of them preferably under a common name. I for example called them "StandardShippingProfile", "StandardPaymentProfile" etc...

Then you create a "MASTER PROFILE". In that master profile you include the above profiles created.

This Master Profile will be used when you create listings.. I called mine "StandardMasterProfile"

You can create all sorts of them for various things. So for example lets say if your selling Rare Coins you might not want your standard ship terms, you might demand insurance or ship these only via FedEx whatall... Point being you can create various profiles to handle your various circumstances of products/listing differentiations.

Next... Set up your images directories.

Make sure to carefully examine every display Auctiva presents as there is quite a bit there and in some cases such as combined shipping issues you need make sure you read what Auctiva says.

Once you get the hang of things it's pretty slick. There are several things I'd like to see added to the service thus far that would make it more flexible. But it's really nice.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.