Skip to main content

Hello. I'm having an awful time uploading my auctions and am a bit panicked because tonight, Sunday, is my main listing night. I first posted them 30 minutes ago. When I noticed they hadn't actually posted I thought perhaps it had been my error, like failing to check the final "okay" button or something, and so (re)posted them. I then got a page that said "the following ads are posting to ebay..." listing my auctions but despite this confirmation they are not listed and it's now been about twenty minutes since that second attempt.

I'm worried that they will double list but much more worried that they will not list at all. I don't see how I have time to transfer all the data to ebay or Garage Sale and post from there, since my goal is always to have my auctions end at 9 p.m. Sunday.

Being sunday and holiday the help line is closed, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Check the Scheduled Listings page and the Events page (link at top right on main page).

Those checks should verify if they are queued and more than one (dups) exists in Scheduled, and if they made it over or not as Successful or Failed in Events.

I see others posting same problem and hopefully someone in Support is awake and checking.

Danno
Danno, thanks a lot for that. They were all in the scheduled listings folder, and at least I was therefore able to delete duplicates. However, the one batch is just sitting there going nowhere.

But they do say "ready" so at least that means they are somehow queued and it's good there won't be duplicates.

I hope someone does respond to this issue very soon because as it gets later the ending time will make it useless to list tonight.

Thank you for your help!
quote:
PS--Do you know if this problem is atypical or common?

It happens from time to time, but it could be either an eBay or Auctiva problem. Weekends and Sundays in particular are always jammed for new listings. It's why I AVOID Sundays.

Glad you got the dups.

I just recommended that folks throw-in a Support Case on the problem (outage). You might want to do the same (HELP at top of page).

Danno
They will probably end at a later time---i.e., the real time they begin on ebay. I don't think the scheduled time on auctiva will matter---just the actual time they start per ebay's calender. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm now going to cancel the auctions that are in my "scheduled" folder because it will not be good for me to have them ending this late. It will be the first sunday night in years that I haven't had auctions. What a disappointment.
Unfortunately, when Auctiva has troubles, it seems to be on Sunday night. I noticed ebay is a bit slow too, which may or may not have an effect on the postings. I had 10 scheduled to post at 7PM, and 4 made it, 6 did not.

This is not a problem that occurs too often (maybe once every couple of months), so hang in there!
Thanks, yes, I'm sure you are both right. I'm here because it became too frustrating w/Garage Sale so I should remember that. In my support ticket I'm going to ask if maybe scheduling the auctions ahead of time helps avoid this problem? In my case, I had the auctions in progress in my saved folder, then completed them and then tried to post them all in real time, in one batch. But if sunday nights matter to you, would scheduling in advance maybe help, like maybe the uploads on a first come, first served basis?

Have to admit that except for this problem I've been really happy with the services here, and with customer service as well.
Same here...the scheduled listings are "READY", but not listing. Other auction tool provider customers are NOT having this problem (I just called three of them). Auctiva is usually late in posting on Sundays (generally 4-6 minutes), but NOTHING is listing for me tonight, even the things I'm posting right at a specific moment, not scheduling.
Hey all, I never list anything at this time as it is always busy and things can go wrong as it does sometimes. Someone said one day that this is the time you should list to make the most money. I agreed until I checked my sales reports. To my surprise that was not true. It did not matter what day I listed my sales were high on any given day. The theory you have to list on a weekend not is not true. Ive been with ebay for 7 years and have a store with over 1000 items. I run regular auctions weekly and the figures are based on a weekly year total. Those statics are for auction only formats.
dvchic - that's really lousy. Same with me in terms of what end times/days work best for my auctions. I wish there was a way Auctiva could list them now/soon---a couple hours past when they should have listed---and somehow adjust the meter so they would end at the time we intended. But I don't think that's possible.

Warman - that's weird that yours have the wrong date, but even those with the correct date are not listing. Mine all say 5/25.
Me neither but just now I did check them all off and "cancel posts" and they did indeed come off the queue. It would be bad for them to end this late next Sunday. I guess the only thing to do is accept this as a loss, look at the next best listing time, and hope for some assurance from Auctiva that this kind of "delay" (as opposed to 5-10 minutes) is a freak incident and that we can safely list on Sundays even if there's a short backlog.
You might all try Terapeak if you want to know what time and day of the week the most successful auctions end. I find my auctions have done much better since using this service. Who knew that 12 noon on Wednesday might be the very best time to sell a particular item.

Having said that, I am also extremely frustrated with Auctiva tonight. My auctions are in limbo somewhere out there and I am not sure what to do. I unscheduled them and posted to start at once to try to get into the best time for them to end, however, they are not showing up at eBay so I don't know where they are! Believe me, I am feeling everyone's pain.
Yes, I am having this listing problem too. I wanted to get these auctions posted before 10 pm central so they wouldn't end too late, so I started posting them at 8 central. Two made it through quickly but the last two didn't. I have tried to cancel & repost but that probably made things worse - I am now farther down the que. Oh well, eBay sales have really stunk lately anyway.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.