Skip to main content

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I've been using Auctiva for several months now, without any problems, using templates etc and having a blast.

However, I needed to make some changes on my Seller Details, so went to Profiles, Manage Seller Details, made a copy of my existing profile (as back-up just incase), and went to edit the original.

Now, when I created it several months ago, I did it in standard view as I'm not too good with html.

So when the edit screen came up, it was all in what appeared to be html, so I clicked the button for standard.

And...

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

No matter if I change the different tabs within the Seller Details, it will not go into standard mode.

I cancelled, tried to do it with the copy, same problem.

So I created a new seller details, quickly just to test. Went back to edit it, and exactly the same problem (Ive now deleted the tester as it showed it wasn't the original details at fault).

So apart from creating a brand new seller details every time I need to make a change, does anyone have any suggestions?

Sher

PS I did do a search, and although there are several posts about Seller Details, I couldn't find any with problems similar to mine, but my apologies if I've missed something obvious.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Danno, that made me try IE7, which works fine and lets me change to standard view without a problem.

Blah I hate IE as well Frown

I was really hoping Auctiva was "what it says on the tin" and was actually compliant with Firefox 3.

Guess it isn't.

Any other ways around it does anyone know, or just suck it up and use IE7 just for editing the sellers details (which admittedly is better than retyping it all!)?
Hi,

I just tested Seller Details with Firefox 3.0.5 (latest) and IE7 on WinXP Pro with Service Pack 3. No problems here. Confused

Just installing a new computer (last round of testing), so everything on my end is fresh installs.

Danno

Edit: Given the tip by egsherish that Firefox 3.0.6 was released (since my very recent install), I updated from 3.0.5. I found no change in working status, Seller Details works as usual.

The closest I can come to replicating your problem is to disable Javascript in Firefox (see Options - Content menu). That toggle between Standard and HTML mode works with an anchor and onClick script. Check your settings. Also, an add-on or security product might interfere with the functioning of the script.
Last edited by danno
Hi Danno, have sent closed listings to saved listings and sorted it that way, thanks for your offer of help though, now Im having problems with shipping, as mine is UK its all alian to me as I have only used Royal Mail 1st class, I think I'v aged 10 yrs, loads of problems all night but I wont be beaten, you obviously know what your doing so if I can call on you WHEN I GET STUCK I will be most gratefull regards Carol.
Okay Danno, I can't get the stinking shipping thing figured out. I mail worldwide and just when I think I have it, it is not right. My concept now is to go in and do one just for US, one just for Canada and then one for worldwide using percentage instead of the way I have tried it. I am using USPS. Does that sound right before I go to anymore effort on that.

The Maine Spot

Of course I can't seem to get Auctiva commerce to come up right now to get into the dashboard but will await your reply.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.