Skip to main content

As always, I read the message boards BEFORE spending time trying to list items thru Auctiva. At 11 a.m. (EDT) nobody had complained of the site being too slow or not working at all. Everything's okay. Right?? NOT. I spent 3 hours on 10 listings, saving each along the way. Checked the board again & still no complaints. Uploading will be smooth as silk, right??NOT. Clicked on the button to upload them all and guess what happened? You got it. Lost every stinking one of the listings. Adding insult to injury, the error message said Try Again Later. Try what?? All the listings are GONE!!What's there to "try"??The message should say "You're Screwed and Don't Complain To Us About All The Money You lost" or "We're Sorry. The Time You lost Means Zilch To Us But You're Welcome To Lose More Time & Money In The Future."

Thanks a lot.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you saved them they should be in your "Saved Listings" folder.

Also not to make lite of the situation but if you logged into our site at 10:22 and posted this at 11:27 I'm not sure how that comes up to 3 hours?

I checked your account and saw no saved listings. I just can't possibly see how that could happen if you were saving them along the way. That would be a pretty big bug and there haven't been any other complaints today. When you went to save the listing did you confirm at the top of the lister page that it said your listing had been successfully saved? Or did it perhaps give you a red error message saying the listing had failed to save and maybe you missed that?

Is there any chance you have 2 accounts with us and maybe your listings were saved in your other account?
Oh, I guess taking the time for setting up and taking pictures doesn't count. Nor does the time spent on writing the individual descriptions (I write, copy & paste from another program just in case this happens). So you're right, I didn't waste all of the 3 hours as I still have the pics & the descriptions saved in another program. But, there was still an hour tossed to the wind trying to use Auctiva. The listings are Not in my saved file now anywhere else on Auctiva. They simply vanished; which is a first. Usually the listing stays in the saved file for further aggravation.

I don't know about you Jeff, but my time is valuable. Instead of bantering on a message board we should each be doing whatever it takes to get some work done. I'll post my listings in some other manner while you fix Auctiva's problems. Deal?
I'm not sure what there is to fix. Can you give some steps to reproduce this?

Can you try creating a listing again and clicking the save button and then seeing if there is a error message at the top of the page or if it actually saves it?

Maybe dont fill in every last detail or write the full desccription so you can test it out quickly.

It would also help to know the OS, Browser, and version you are using.
Auctionaddict,, im have some of the same problems... spent almost a hour the other night trying to upload only to get 2 of the 8 picture.. it took for ever then i tried again... every night i have had the same problems.. its like it only works someties if you upload 2 at a time... then i created a listing and lost it.. very discouraged... this has happened several times.... PLUS... everytime i try to move around.. like trying to post pictures I have to sign in all over again... im having that problem now.. im really getting tiered of signing in over and over again.. why is this .... once you sign in you shouldnt get kick off every few minutes.. this is painstakingly slow.... not sure its worth it..
i was listing 10-15 items every 20 minutes now its 1 every 10 minutes..
any suggestions on how to speed the process..??
thanks
I have spent a lot of time on a special listing on THURSDAY nights, too.

Only to loose my work.

It can be like a pop to the head, that does hurt. Can cause a awful feeling deep inside somewhere near your stomach.

Usually the problem I had was that AUCTIVA was updating their program on Thursday nights at 10 pm Pacific Time Zone.

I was having so much fun making this listing, I did not notice the time was now 10:03 pm, pacific time, on a Thursday night.

ALL is gone. Sometimes, if it is a couple minutes after 10pm you cannot even SAVE any of the new listing you have worked a long time on.

eBay also updates on Thursday nights at 10 pm Pacific Time zone.

I have solved this situation via making Thursday night after 9pm, MY FREE night, MY free time every week.

Today, this week, like many of the previous recent weeks, I have free time on Thursday nights.

A Free Time is good for a soul.

Smile

ivan

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.