Skip to main content

I notice now that the shipping insurance costs us $1.40, so i am not sure how we are to make money or have a lead against the competitor because in order to make that .25, we have to charge the customer $1.65. I have lost money and stand to lose a bit more because all the insurance quotes on my auctions are $1.30. So i have actually paid more than i collected. (i know this is a very small amount, but it frustrates me) Last time i bought insurance (last week) it cost me only $1.05. I have not found anything talking about the prices for insurance rising. Is it me or auctiva? thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Mitzirussell I will not use the insurance for those reasons. I prefer using USPS insurance.I love everything else about Auctiva but I find the insurance thing too confusing. A couple of weeks ago I got a pop up for an Auctiva survey about insurance and I put all my concerns in it and submitted it. Whether Auctiva has looked at the survey results yet or not is anyones guess ConfusedHopefully they do something about this as I do not feel it is easily integrated into my auctions. I post quit a few auctions were I offer flat rate shipping and I INCLUDE insurance at no extra charge. I see no way of doing this with Auctiva or maybe I am just missing something?
Hi All,

Since the change at USPS there may be a misunderstanding. Here are the rates from the USPS site:

Auctiva Cost is in RED:
$0.01 to $50 - $1.65 - 1.40
50.01 to 100 - 2.05 - 1.55
100.01 to 200 - 2.45 - 1.70
200.01 to 300 - 4.60 - 3.60
300.01 to 400 - 5.50 - 4.25
400.01 to 500 - 6.40 - 4.90
500.01 to 600 - 7.30 - 5.55
600.01 to 5,000 - $7.30 plus $0.90 for each $100 or fraction over $600 in declared value (maximum liability is $5,000). $5.55 plus 0.65

As you can see, there is money to be made with Auctiva Insurance, OR you can pass along the savings to your customer money by only charging the Auctiva price. It's up to you.

Hope this helps,
That is right BroJames. You can charge the same as USPS or you can change the rate on your listing to whatever you want in between what USPS charges and what Auctiva charges the seller.

Our rates went up due to USPS rate changes.

Tazfrom PA - There is a radio button in the shipping section on the lister page that allows you to include the cost of insurance as part of the S&H costs.

Basically with Auctiva Shipping Insurance the same thing happens as with USPS except you don't have to go to the post office to get it. When a buyer purchases insurance (or you offer it for free) a policy is created and the cost of that policy is charged to you. Example - you charge your customer $1.65 and your account would reflect $1.40 for that policy. You are expected to pay Auctiva $1.40 for that policy, just like you would pay USPS for any policy you come to their window to purchase.

http://www.auctiva.com/account/inssettings.aspx
This is where you see what you owe for which policies and add funds to your Auctiva account.

I hope that clears it up for you a little!

Cara

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.