Skip to main content

Hi,

I have posted a few auctions through Auctiva and thought that I had everything setup so that buyers go to the Auctiva checkout but I am not certain that they are actually going to it and not going to eBay's regular checkout. Is there a way I can confirm this? The instructions say to make sure one's eBay preferences are set correctly but there aren't specifics (that I have found) that say exactly what the settings should be. I have the checked the eBay preference boxes for:

Use Checkout
Offer PayPal as a payment method in all my listings
Tell Buyers that I prefer PayPal payments
Include my items when buyers pay all their sellers at once using PayPal

When I click on the eBay button to send an invoice , do I modify the insurance selector to say, "Optional insurance" / "required insurance" or do I leave it alone to say "no insurance"? Or should I be sending invoices via Auctiva (if so, how do I do that)?

So far, I really like what I see here at Auctiva (and the price is right!!). The only things missing are a program to monitor inventory and support for eBay stores. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, in advance, for any advice that comes my way,

Taulukos
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Taulukos,

Welcome to Auctiva! Auctiva Checkout can only be applied to listings that are posted through your Auctiva account while Auctiva Checkout is enabled, so the listings you had posted prior to joining Auctiva will continue to use eBay Checkout. The only settings you have to configure in your eBay selling preferences to ensure Auctiva Checkout works properly are your "Combined Shipping" and "Combined Insurance" rules.

It is not currently possible to send invoices directly through Auctiva, so you will want to continue doing so through your "My eBay" page. When sending an invoice, you should choose the insurance specification that is appropriate for the transaction. For example, if you want insurance to be "Optional", select "Optional" when sending your invoice, because the invoice data will override what was initially specified when the listing was created.

While we do not offer any inventory management tools yet, we do currently offer support for eBay stores. In order to create an eBay store listing through your Auctiva account, you just need to check the radio button next to "store item" at the upper-left of the Auctiva lister page. You will then be able to choose the expanded durations and other details associated specifically with eBay store listings, and will be charged for those listings according to the eBay stores fee structure.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please file a support request using the approrpiate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
Thanks. That explains a lot. I guess everything is working fine for my auctions! I just have to remember to set the insurance option in the invoice before I send it. [It is annoying that eBay overwrites the insurance option set in the auction itself...but I can live with that.] I guess my concern was there because I could not see what was happening in the background...but, from what you have explained, it is all working so I don't need to be concerned at all.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Taulukos

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.