Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm new to Auctiva and I signed up to really just use the Image hosting service. How do I add thumbnail images with the option to supersize WITHOUT having to go through create a listing with Auctiva?

Personally, I'm too use to using Ebay listing and prefer to stick to it, but I also want to use images from Auctiva. Can someone tell me please?
Original Post
Hi superserviceman,

The only practical way to use Auctiva's image hosting along with the thumbnail layout with supersize option would be to create and post your listings using the Auctiva listing creation page, which can be accessed by clicking the "New Listing" link under the "Listings" tab within your Auctiva account.

There is one way I can think of that you would be able to do this when listing directly through eBay, but I don't believe it is practical because you would still have to design your listing using Auctiva's listing interface. This could be done via the following process:

1) Recreate the listing in Auctiva and click "Save". Since you will only be revising the item description, it is only necessary to fill out the “Item Details” section of the lister page.
2) Once you have finished, click the "Save" button.
3) Return to your Saved Listings page and click the <HTML> icon next to the listing.
4) Highlight and copy the HTML that appears in the pop-up window.
5) Proceed to the eBay "Sell your Item" form and create the entirety of the lsting as normal, except for the non-header/gallery images and the description.
6) When you get to the description section, paste the copied HTML into the HTML version of the description editor and the ad will come out looking just like the one you designed in Auctiva - complete with Auctiva image hosting.

In step 1 of the instructions above, in order to use the thumbnail image grouping, you would need to select "Thumbnails" from the "Grouping" drop-down menu on the page you are taken to after selecting a template. That page is labeled "Modify Layout".

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.