Skip to main content

I don't use a template, prefer plain text in description/details. Lately I notice that in preview [and on ebay] the text spreads out to maximum width of the page. This makes it hard to read & sometimes for a viewer it is not even all visible except by moving a horizontal scroll bar that must be found on the ebay page. (An irritating glitch in some sellers' listings.)
The text looks fine as composed in auctiva window, but I see no way to create a bounding box.
Actually box can be done on ebay as revision after the listing is up, but oc it's a pain.
Is there a fix I'm missing?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello ukidnme$ -

One way you could ensure that the text of your descriptions does not require a scroll bar when an item is posted to eBay is to insert a table in the description editor when creating the listing and add your text within that table. As you can define the width of a table, you can use that to define the width of your description text however you like. The button for this is in the lower row of the tools on the editor and is the third button from the left side.

You could also ensure that when you add your text that you have a hard return after a line where you wish the text to stop.

If you encounter further difficulty with this, please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know a few examples of items where this occurs on your Active Listings and we'd be happy to take a look into it further.

- Craig
Thanks Craig
Looks like table poss sol but still playing w/ it. Didn't know whether to try for 1 cell or table w/o cell borders. 1 row, 1 col seems to work, but looks odd because how box boundaries fit tight on text and the style.
Ideal would be then make box line invis, but maybe not poss?
My exper, using enter to end line not good. Looks ok as you create it, but then your text is adjusted by ebay for display parameters & result very diff.
I do notice that appearance varies depending on viewer's display. I had been using portrait mode monitor or laptop. Using large mon in landscape is what made this issue pop out. OC many viewers do use wide monitors.
Thanks for prompt help, as always.
Hello ukidnme$

You should be able to have the box for the table be invisible if you set the border size to 0 when you initiate the table in the Table Properties window that pops up.

If you encounter further difficulty, please let us know a listing where you are encountering this in a support case and we'll be happy to take a look.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.