Skip to main content

OK I cannot seem to find in the Auctiva auction set up process where you can check something so that the bidder must have a Paypal account to bid. I've been on Auctiva for quite some time and have scoured the set-up and can't find it to save my life - WHERE is this? I see where you can require immediate Paypal payment for buy-it-nows but I cannot find anywhere to require a Paypal account to bid, thanks for any help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi wimom,

To require that users have a Paypal account to bid on your items, you must set your eBay selling preferences to "Block Bidders Who Don't Have a Paypal Account". To enable this setting, please click the "Preferences" link on your My eBay page and click "Show" next to "Buyer Requirements". Then, click "Edit" next to "Block Buyers Who:" and enable the "Block Bidders Who Don't Have a Paypal Account" setting.

Once this setting is enabled in your eBay account, all of your Auctiva created listings should display the "Paypal Account Required" message.

-Mike
OK Mike, I went in to my Ebay account and that box was already checked but it's not showing up on my auctions when I list them. I thought I had already done that a while back but wanted to be sure and it was checked. Can you then tell me why this is not working when I list through Auctiva? The Paypal account required link works if I list through Ebay, just not through Auctiva, thanks.
Hi winom,

Ahhh...that's what I was afraid of Frown We have received reports from a few customers that the "Paypal Account Required" option was not properly being added to their Auctiva created listings so, unfortunately, it sounds like you may be the newest member of that group.

We have not been able to determine why this is happening as of yet, however, I would like to add your case to the others we have on file. Can you please file a support request regarding this issue using the apporpirate link on our help page?

http://www.auctiva.com/free_auction_software_help/help.aspx

-Mike
Hi Wimom, I reported this problem back on 1/24/07. Several others have now also reported it. Here is what I have received from Autiva Support:
This email is to let you know that on 3/16/2007 we've replied to your support case inquiry.

Comment :

Previous Comment: 1/24/2007 9:53:01 AM
Jerry,

I don't think there is anything you can do to correct this at the moment. This appears to be an issue on our end, however, since only one customer has reported it thus far, we are not going to address it at the moment. some developers finish their current projects, or this issue presents a more widespread problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreicate you patience with regard to this matter.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

New Comment:

Hi Jerry,

Our engineering department has reported that this issue will be resolved with our next site update, which will take place in mid-April, 2007.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

So it looks like we will be getting this problem resolved, but will have to wait till mid April for it to happen.

Hope this helps.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.