Skip to main content

http://www.practiceboard.com/?5734313
I created my own template in dreamweaver as directed by a mentor. I copy and pasted it in the create a custom template in auctiva but the template doesnt look like it did in the preview in dreamweaver. My mentor said it must be because I used layers instead of tables. So he created a template similar with a tables. I did't like his template and chose the one I created, but it still looks wrong. I wish I could use your template editor to create the whole thing without using another editing tool. Is this possible? If not how can I get the one I created in dreamweaver to look the way it does in dreamweaver?
PS...
Do you have a tutorial for creating custom templates using Auctiva?
Respectfully confused,
Memory Lane oo7
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Is this possible?

Unfortunately not. Nearly every editor built into web pages is limited and doesn't work well except for simple features.

HTML editors are complex and large programs. What gets put into our and other web pages are just the basics that will get stuff done and are quite small so they load quickly.

The big companies such as Adobe and Microsoft that have full featured desktop HTML editors are really the only ones that could ever probably make this available to be in web browsers but they each sell their software for a lot of money so they have no incentive.

quote:
If not how can I get the one I created in dreamweaver to look the way it does in dreamweaver?

Hopefully someone that knows HTML better than I will wander in here.
quote:

Do you have a tutorial for creating custom templates using Auctiva?

Yes at the top of this template message board there are some threads locked and stuck at the top. I believe one of them is a tutorial. Here's the link: https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6881044121/m/1251067521
Thank you for the info, I have read the tutorial and thought I understood the basics. I was hoping for a little more in depth than the basics. I am using Dreamweaver and thought that was adobes expensive products to edit templates and such. I am now even more confused than before and read almost all the post and see lots of confusion. I just want a basic template nothing special. I want my logo and my colors why does it seem so technical here? I stopped this for a week and started out fresh, but I have been hard at it since 6:30 am and still have nothing but junk for a template. I don't want to give up.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.