Skip to main content

Hi,
First of all, it only works with right click, but can easily be downloaded with left click. Nevertheless, it discourages a few.

The real issue I have is that it does not work accept once - and that is when it listed from Auctiva to Ebay while image protection is "ON". If I wish to change the image in a listing to a photo I uploaded to auctiva while the image protection is "ON" - it acts the same as when image protection is "OFF" - not a all. So I guess it only works the one time if image protection is "ON" when I list to Ebay from Auctiva.
I often relist from ebay and that's when I get into trouble. Is there some html I can use in my listing to protect an auctiva image when I relist or change the image. thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As a buyer I like to right click to open in new tabs in my browser, or i like to select text and right click it to copy and paste. Such as the item # so I can paste it in my snipe programs.

I hate it when sellers disable it. That is why at Auctiva we only disable the right clicking for the image, and not the whole HTML of the listing.

I'd rather someone steal my images than inconvience a potential customer.

The point may be mute within a couple more months as we plan on adding watermarking to images when you are uploading them. That ought to keep other sellers from stealing them.
That's right Jeff...I feel the same way.

Watermarking pics in a way thats hard to take out or cover-up while still displaying the pic is the best solution.

You're welcome Crabby. I can sometimes be a wealth of information. <smile> Google is my friend.

Have a nice Easter,
Donna
(Suthrnjewl<----hoping for Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs in her Easter basket
Jeff - I did not ask how to disable right click - I asked how to able right click.

I already watermark my art but people still copy it and change it in their photoshop. In case you don't know - there are surer programs for personal websites to protect photos .. both left and right click - that only acts on the photo of the artwork not on other parts of the page - I suppose the html for the kind of protection you find at online art and photo galleries is more involved.

Their thinking is: Why should I pay for a print or original when I'm satisfied with a free copy I can doctor in my photoshop?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.