Skip to main content

In an item description I didn't fully state the condition of the product correctly, however it can be seen quite clearly in the photo's (I know the importance of checking I'm going through initial teething troubles lol). So what should I say to the seller-refer to my returns policy?

Thanks for any help
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If your auction is still active and hasn't closed, I would go into the auction on eBay and revise it stating the correctitem description, despite the fact the true condition is seen in the photos. If your auction has closed/ended, it depends on your buyer if they would be satisfied with the item and your incomplete disclosures. If not, in my opinion, you owe your buyer a complete/full refund.
quote:
Originally posted by member_8880:
You can only revise if you have no bids and over 12 hours left in the auction. If it's a high dollar item, or a large discrepancy, you'd probably be better off ending the listing and starting over.

You CAN'T even end your listing if it has 12 hours or less left on it. If you're unhappy with the way a listing is going, you are screwed if there are less than 12 hours left.
quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
You CAN'T even end your listing if it has 12 hours or less left on it. If you're unhappy with the way a listing is going, you are screwed if there are less than 12 hours left.

If I am correctly reading ebay's rules for ending items, you can end the listing if it has less than 12 hours remaining as long as it has no bidders - if there are bidders then the only way to end it early is to sell to the highest bidder.

Ebay rules:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.