Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I wouldn't get too excited. I was able to save and schedule one listing earlier. I thought it would be nice to come and leave a celebratory post telling others. Well they pulled that post claiming I was wasting space, then locked down my next post when I asked why and now I am back to getting the errors every time I try to list. If I was paranoid I would think it was being done on purpose.
quote:
I know it must be maddening for you.
It's a curse actually. It even has a name. It's called Microsoft. It's almost incurable once you get it.

Every once in a great while something like this comes along and just starts randomly happening with no rhyme or reason. We hadn't made any changes to our servers or site since Thursday and then all of a sudden Sunday morning it happens. It's a hunt then trying to figure it out. Normally if something is wrong with the site we can figure out what it is within an hour or two and start on a fix that we know will work. In this case there isn't much of a clue as to the cause so we're trying a lot of different things in the area that we're getting the error message about.

We made a server update around 11:30pm tonight and I guess I'll find out when I wake up if that's solved it. If not we have a few hack fixes that I'm 99% sure will work. We had planned some hardware installations for the next 3 weeks which would have eliminated this server. We can then leave in the hack until then. It's unfortunate this has happened since we'd already planned on removing that server soon. It always seems to happen like that.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.