Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Glad to see I'm not alone in this horror. I had this same problem about 6 months ago. I just can't remember how it was solved. For now, I'm listing on Auctiva and once it's active, I go in to ebay edit and erase the photos and upload them again  from my computer. Double work, but it will have to do until somebody gets back to us. Ebay suggested I use their site to list my items. Not what I wanted to hear after I have all my templates on Auctiva.

Hello Community,

Apologies for the delayed response.

While we are not aware of any particular difficulty on our end that would have caused the gallery image to fail on eBay our engineers are investigating this issue at this time.  It is unclear why your Gallery image would fail to appear if the Header image is showing on your listings on eBay as they use the same image.

Please understand that there have been no recent changes on our end that would account for this difficulty and our engineers are looking into it as rapidly as they are able.

You may be able to correct this problem in any listings that are affected using the eBay tool here.

We will update this thread as soon as more information becomes available.

Apologies for the difficulty this causes.

- Craig

Hello again,

I am sorry to hear that the tool is not operating for you as it is the tool that eBay makes available for generating the gallery image when there is an issue.  Unfortunately, we are unrelated to eBay and have no control of the state of that tool.  

We are aware of the difficulty that this represents and our engineers are looking into this issue as rapidly as they are able and we will update this thread as soon as more information becomes available.

- Craig

I wasn't blaming Auctiva for that tool - I know it's not your fault. So much dysfunction on Ebay. Maybe just not a recommended solution for the problem, though.  Thank you for working on this - hoping for a resolution. I've never seen a problem like this last so long.  On one of the Ebay community boards, they did say Ebay acknowledged the problem and said they are "working on it."

Hello again Community,

And thank you for your patience in this matter.

While our investigation continues, there are a variety of posts and responses on the eBay community forum at this time related to this issue and it is unclear at this point exactly what the issue is.  It currently does look like an issue on the eBay side.   An example of such a post can be seen here.

Our engineers have been reviewing our end and have been unable to locate an issue that would account for this since the other image data appears to be being received as it should and displays in the listings themselves as expected.  As the investigation continues, we have also reached out to eBay directly so we can work together to get this issue resolved as rapidly as possible.

When more information becomes available, we will add to this thread as needed.

Again, you patience is appreciated.

- Craig

Hello again,

and you are welcome! 

It looks like sellers that use other tools are encountering this issue based on some of what can be seen on the community forum for eBay, but we continue to look into it and have an open ticket with eBay regarding the difficulty and will update this thread should more information regarding this issue become available.

- Craig

Hi Community - 

an update to this issue with gallery images. 

Our engineers received a response from eBay where they acknowledged an issue relating to the gallery images beginning at the end of last week and that they are reprocessing the requests that have failed.  No time frame was indicated, but this should mean that missing gallery images should be reprocessed to show as expected and that future posts occur as usual.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.