Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think that media mail is used for things that have "educational" value... so you can ship a dvd or a cd, which has content that can be viewed (and we all know that most dvds and cds are very educational Smile ), but you can't ship a blank disc because there is no educational value.

Along the same lines, you can ship a book but not blank paper.
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
I went through same thing about a year ago with one of those 100pks of blank cdrs. ended up shipping them priority and using larger priority box.

customer didnt seem to mind paying the priority rate. (shrug)

course, she also didnt mind paying for something that i got for free after rebate Big Grin

Yeah! How cool is that?

I wouldn't have thought of doing that. I should've being as bright and intelligent as I am. HA! <smile>

Really a smart move Steve.

Take care, Donna
(dayum I was gonna do that email thingie today...time has not been my friend today)
quote:
Originally posted by BTPS:
quote:
Along the same lines, you can ship a book but not blank paper.

Yep, and you can not ship a stack of printed papers BUT if they are all bound together you can. AN unbound manaul can not be shipped Media Mail, once it's bound it can be. Stupid, huh!

Suthrnjewl<---swooning

Government rules...everybody confused?
<smile>

Thanks for the knowledge..I didn't know the bound part on the manual.
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
I went through same thing about a year ago with one of those 100pks of blank cdrs. ended up shipping them priority and using larger priority box.

customer didnt seem to mind paying the priority rate. (shrug)

course, she also didnt mind paying for something that i got for free after rebate Big Grin

Yeah! How cool is that?

I wouldn't have thought of doing that. I should've being as bright and intelligent as I am. HA! <smile>

Really a smart move Steve.

Take care, Donna
(dayum I was gonna do that email thingie today...time has not been my friend today)

Thanks. I *love* FAR (free after rebate) items! Smile Smile

I do hate the paperwork and having to keep track of it all to make sure get all rebates, though *ugh!* Frown

I need to list more of my FAR items, I'm just such a packrat that I have a hard time giving up my treasures *heh*

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.