Skip to main content

Hi!

It's been a while since I've used my Auctiva. It appears my custom templates have been deleted. Anyone else having this problem? Also, I just started an auction with an Auctiva template and  some of my pictures are not showing up on the auction. Anyone else having this problem? Thank you so much for any help you can give!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello GLT -

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty with your custom templates.  Please be aware that due to the significant number of changes that eBay has made over the last year or so, we had to update our templates to be compliant with their new policies, so there were some changes to the template portions of accounts.

Your custom templates should still be in your account - please go to the listings menu and select Manage from the custom template section.  You should see custom templates that have been saved in your account.  These will not be immediately usable on listings as they will need to be shifted into the new system.  Open any of your custom templates by selecting the Edit button, then once it has loaded, click on the Source button of the template editor and get to the HTML view.  Copy all of the HTML and then click Create New from the Listings menu in the custom template section.  Open the HTML view of the editor again by clicking the source button and paste your HTML in.

Please note that the editor tags have changed as well, so you will need to replace any tags (such as for your description and the images in the template) with tags from the current editor (these are the options in the left menus as you look at the editor).

Also note that if you customized an older one of our templates or had custom templates that utilized active content, you will need to remove such content to continue to use the templates and have them post to eBay due to their changes regarding allowing active content in listings.

As for your images using one of our current templates, please be aware that now, when you select your template, you need to select the number of images to associate with it during the selection process - there is an Images pull down menu available when you are previewing a template prior to selecting it for your listings.  I suggest that you just go ahead and select 24 images as unused image selections will not display on the template, but if you do not select an appropriate number of images, only the number selected will show on eBay.  If you are creating a listing and add your images to the listing prior to selecting the template, the template will include what you have selected up to that time.

If you continue to have difficulty with either custom templates or using the current templates, please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site and our support team will be happy to assist you further.

- Craig

Hello Gail,

We'd want to have a look at the specific issues and templates you're running into difficulty with.  Please feel free to file a support case letting us know a template or some example templates where you are running into trouble and the details of what you encounter.  You can file a support case at any time from under the Help tab of the site (log in is not required to file a case) and our support team will be happy to look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.