Skip to main content

A very strange thing is happening on my Auctiva/eBay listings. I cannot view my showcase, and everything below the description area does not appear. These would be the shipping, payment details and return policy, and all below that which ebay inserts into a listing. It's just my listings as I've gone to others and they appear just fine. I've cleared my cache. I also tried to revise as this has fixed problems in the past but I can't revise my listing since that is also missing part of the page. This is happening on ALL my active listings. This is more than just an annoyance, it is going to cost me bids. Thank you.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I created these using the Create A Similar Listing option. I just checked it out and I do have Shipping Options and Checkout Options completed. I didn't use gallery or any other marketing features so that is blank. Since shipping & checkout appear below the marketing options, I wonder if that is where the problem starts. Perhaps Auctiva code is not looking beyond marketing. This is the first I've seen this happen though.
OK I do show it on mine as well, I am using the same OS and XP so it may be something with that. I did notice that it has only started since you changed the colors and layout of your template. If you do not mind, I would like to play with the source code and then I can see if it 's something in the code.

I do remember experiencing something similar awhile back, but not with Auctiva. I do not remember if it was going thru the ebay SYI form or thru Turbolister but I think there is a max on characters you can use.

Also when you try to revise, it doesn't show the link at the top?
no when you use a custom template - even if it Auctiva's and you change it the layout.. you need to have the custom payment and shipping info for it to enter into the listing.

Go to --> Listings --> look in the right column for Shipping and Payment Details. You can create a custom section that is entered every time. The info you are talking about just tells ebay how you will ship and should have the info at the bottom near the bid button.
quote:
Originally posted by bargain*huntress:
no when you use a custom template - even if it Auctiva's and you change it the layout.. you need to have the custom payment and shipping info for it to enter into the listing.

Go to --> Listings --> look in the right column for Shipping and Payment Details. You can create a custom section that is entered every time. The info you are talking about just tells ebay how you will ship and should have the info at the bottom near the bid button.
You need to follow these directions and copy the HTML from the link above and CREATE your shipping info. Then in your description you will just place a small tag that says [shipping/payment details] (you should be able to go into your template and just click on the link for shipping details.

I know which ones you are talking about, and it is not the right area.
Sorry for the delay, here is what I have so far:

I would start a new listing just to be safe.

You will need to save the codes from the links below in the correct areas.

TEMPLATE CODE - This would be saved under the custom template area.

SHIPPING/PAYMENT DETAILS Look for the link to shipping details under the custom template area.

DESCRIPTION - You would need to save this as a profile after you save your new ad. Do this last so that you can preview and make sure all is correct before you save.

I hope all this makes sense, I will check back in the morning to see how you are progressing. I know that there is a tutorial on how to work your custom template that may help you a bit as well

Custom Template Tutorial

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.