Skip to main content

The problems with Auctiva over the weekend have been frustrating, and are still continuing, apparently.

Overall, I'm more than satisfied with Auctiva - when it's good, it's very, very good, and when it's bad, re: glitch/crash/failure to list/world destruction and all stages in between, it's a bomb but still the best bomb around. It always rights itself sooner or later.

Apart from listing failures this weekend, I just spent 2-1/2 hours importing pictures and writing a description for a new listing. When I pressed Save, the page went poof, and all I had was a blank "new listing" form with not a word of mine on it. All gone. The Evil Auctiva Genie had struck again.

Note to myself: Save, save and save! I get caught up in what I'm doing and don't save early enough, often enough.

Maybe all these problems occur because Auctiva is still the best game in town when it's working right. Too many of us, too heavy a load. Like any superhighway, too much traffic can cause overload snarls.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi odzplayer,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you experienced this problem...I haven't heard this one before. While I don't know exactly what could have caused this to happen, I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. My initial reaction is that is was a glitch caused by the overall sluggishness of the site.

I have forwarded the URL of this thread to our developers to make them aware of the possibility of this occurrence as well.

-Mike
Thanks, Mike - I know you guys are pedaling as fast as you can to keep things on an even keel in the face of almost daily technological changes and challenges, the saturations of the system which more and more outpace the ability of many enterprises to keep up with, and the gremlins who inhabit cyberspace for the sole purpose of tormenting small weak humans like you and me.

I know you aren't sitting around ignoring the problems - you have a vested interest in keeping Auctiva up and running! Makes no sense to think that you aren't working your buns off to make it all right.

Auctiva posts my enormous, pixel-saturated pictures so well - I've seen no other site that compares. When it's working, that is. When it's not, well, better days are coming.
WinkKing DLeckington, You are a wise ruler. I concur with all your conclusions. I wish folks would realize what a difficult mission these folks are on. Nothing is harder on a business( believe me, I speak from experience) than skyrocketing growth. You love to see it but wow, it can beat you down. I love Auctiva and will continue to be patient. If it takes awhile to reach perfection, as I am sure it will take time. I do think that is what they are trying to acheive. Blessings

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.