Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I also need advise around the Second Hand Offer thingy.

If your winning bidder tells you they are not paying for the item for whatever reason and you accept that reason; after all what else can you do but take someone at their word, you duly send off a second chance offer. Your underbidder doesn't respond; after all the heat of the moment has cooled and despite having added a message letting them know that the Winning bidder has reneged on the sale. There is a chance that your Underbidder is a)suspicious of the offer or b) has bid and won elsewhere in the ensuing time.
Either way they haven't got back to you.
Do you end up paying fees If you have decided NOT to report the Winning Bidder as a NPB or can you issue that Report retrospectively.
I find the guides on this topic thin.
There is no advise from Ebay as to correct procedure that I have seen.
Thanks in advance.
Marian.
Hi,

Assuming your listing was sound and accurate, it is not a good idea to accept their reason as you will lose your insertion and FVF fees, making a second chance offer will incur a second dose of FVF on that item.

Reconsider your position, normally I would <edited to add> "(if I intended to make a second chance offer)":-

1) File an unpaid on the original winner.
2) Once that has completed and your fees have been reimbursed then make the 2nd chance offer.

Two problems with this, one the winner may neg you, but this can probably be appealed against now, in the old days they would risk a red and were unlikely to do so.

Secondly I rarely found that after a week+ it could take to complete an unpaid the heat of the moment is lost and the eligible under bidder would rather wait for you to re list and get it for less.

If they do not take up the offer you have lost your chance of a free relist, so ask them by ebays message system to enquire if they would be interested or not, if no reply within a few days just relist.

Making a second chance offer whilst an unpaid is dispute is in progress can cause feedback problems as the system gets confused, however that may not be the case now.

Sorry it is a bit involved, personally I would just raise the unpaid follow it through and relist from scratch and say in your listing that this item is relisted due to a non-paying winner. In that way new bidders have are better informed about why it is being relisted, but do not specify the defaulters name or ID because they can get eBay to pull your listing and you may get penalised by their listing police.
Last edited by choochooguy
For a instance: having done ebay for along time and dealt with this. These are the rules:

Even if the buyer tells you they will not pay you are bound by contract to honor the sale to that buyer.
You can not send a 2nd chance offer until 1 of these 2 things happen:
Buyer withdraws from sale or you file a NPA and it is finalized. Or if the buyer becomes unregistered and then you can finalize a NPA right away.

Sending a second chance offer before you do this can cause you to get a NPA yourself. if all of a sudden the original buyer pays. Like I said you are bound by contract. It does happen because I have seen it.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.