Skip to main content

Hi - Long time ebayer but new to Auctiva. So I noticed upon listing my motorcycle related item in Auctiva that I couldn't list on ebay motors? Maybe I'm wrong about that. Anyways, "No big deal" I thought - having had these sort of issues before! I decided to go ahead and list it in a default category I had - clothing (whatever), thinking I could go into live listing and just revise it over to a sub-category at ebay motors. After selecting the specific category, I was not able to complete the change. I have never had an issue with changing categories, so I'm assuming it is an ebay to ebay motors issue? Any help in enlightening me on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have done searches on the forum here and also ebay discussion boards, and the closest answer I got is that maybe I'd have to copy and paste my listing and start over again at ebay motors. I ran into this problem when I listed a woman's harley davidson jacket, but that was not a big problem, in that listing in women's clothing was cool. But the item I'm currently listing is an aftermarket motorcycle handlebar so it's not cool to list in normal ebay categories, not to mention I'm losing views from prospective bidders. Thanks for your help and insights!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi poidog,

Given that eBay will not allow you to change the category of the item from a regular eBay category to a category within eBay Motors on the "Revise your Item" form, I'm afraid the only way to get this item posted in the appropriate eBay Motors category would be to end it early and repost it in eBay Motors.

When you are on the Auctiva listing creation page, you just need to select "eBay Motors" (or "eBay Motors: Parts and Accessories") from the "eBay Site" drop down menu in the upper-right hand corner of the page. That will cause the eBay Motors lister page to load and you should then be able to find the category you are looking for.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx#

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.