Skip to main content

Hi,
I give up...perhaps someone can help...I purchased a few custom templates on ebay and everything works fine except that I like to use the slideshow instead of individual frames. For each of the templates she created 10 separate templates (ex 1pic, 2pic, 3pic)instead of one template allowing me to use the slideshow...she says it cant be done. I however, have no html knowledge & played with one and was able to get the slideshow to work, but it appears under the 4 blank pic frames. (I clicked in the editor & chose description..it wouldnt work with descr & images option. Im guessing I clicked in the wrong spot in the html, then I would still need to get rid of the frames. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much, Suzanne
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You should be able to use the [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES] tag in creating a custom template. That tag reverts selection of method and placement of images to those used during template selection in the one-page lister.

I am aware that the Custom Template builder doesn't itself have a direct method to insert that code. You'd have to insert it yourself. I'd been doing some experiments with new arrangements of thumbnails, so I'm very aware of the code methods. It's not impossible, just a little more difficult than average.

I'm puzzled why they wouldn't offer that option for your custom template? Either I'm missing something or not understanding the problem. Confused I wonder if there is a licensing or copyright infringement issue, but using Auctiva methods on an Auctiva template build doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Danno

Edit: Thinking on the problem.....I'll guess they are seeing the varying number of pictures as the limitation, i.e. it's not a fixed coding effort (in their thinking).
Hi Danno, you were right it was inserted in the wrong space. Also I was selecting # of images in the one page lister which seems to cause some kind of bug. It now seems to act like any other Auctiva template & works like a charm! She was able to fix it for me as I am html impaired. THANK YOU so much for your help!!! The only other issues Ive noticed with custom templates is 1. after revising an active listing I lose the background graphics. & 2. it appears there is some issue with items that are listed in the GTC format, any thoughts would be great. Thanks again for your help, Sincerely, Suzanne

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
You should be able to use the [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES] tag in creating a custom template. That tag reverts selection of method and placement of images to those used during template selection in the one-page lister.

I am aware that the Custom Template builder doesn't itself have a direct method to insert that code. You'd have to insert it yourself. I'd been doing some experiments with new arrangements of thumbnails, so I'm very aware of the code methods. It's not impossible, just a little more difficult than average.

I'm puzzled why they wouldn't offer that option for your custom template? Either I'm missing something or not understanding the problem. Confused I wonder if there is a licensing or copyright infringement issue, but using Auctiva methods on an Auctiva template build doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Danno

Edit: Thinking on the problem.....I'll guess they are seeing the varying number of pictures as the limitation, i.e. it's not a fixed coding effort (in their thinking).
quote:
The only other issues Ive noticed with custom templates is 1. after revising an active listing I lose the background graphics. & 2. it appears there is some issue with items that are listed in the GTC format, any thoughts would be great. Thanks again for your help,

Hi Suzanne,

I'd have to see examples, but GTC (Store Inventory) does have limitations. I've noted on others examples, when you have the Store box for Cats, etc.at left, that narrows the usable page width. It can inhibit selection of templates with wide border decorations. It tends to push-out a page to right. I recently saw one odd problem of page embedded within page (more than one HTML Header). That one looks like a cut-and-paste problem using an HTML builder. Losing background on Revise has me curious that eBay's editor is seeing something it doesn't like and dropping some code. Auctiva's will do that too.

I'm actually kinda rusty on this stuff. I've been coding since the 60's. I use to write system documentation with mark-up languages long before they created this Internet HTML stuff. Big Grin

Danno
Hi Danno, wow thats a long time! I would not have the patience...I can barely cut & paste. Regarding the template losing the background color when revising...does it make a difference that I am revising from the ebay page? You can view a few of the scrolling listings in my store (fancy pink dresses)and see the colors are different but same template was used. I dont know how to create a link to it...only to my store. Any help would be great. Thanks much, Suzanne
Visit My Store

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
quote:
The only other issues Ive noticed with custom templates is 1. after revising an active listing I lose the background graphics. & 2. it appears there is some issue with items that are listed in the GTC format, any thoughts would be great. Thanks again for your help,

Hi Suzanne,

I'd have to see examples, but GTC (Store Inventory) does have limitations. I've noted on others examples, when you have the Store box for Cats, etc.at left, that narrows the usable page width. It can inhibit selection of templates with wide border decorations. It tends to push-out a page to right. I recently saw one odd problem of page embedded within page (more than one HTML Header). That one looks like a cut-and-paste problem using an HTML builder. Losing background on Revise has me curious that eBay's editor is seeing something it doesn't like and dropping some code. Auctiva's will do that too.

I'm actually kinda rusty on this stuff. I've been coding since the 60's. I use to write system documentation with mark-up languages long before they created this Internet HTML stuff. Big Grin

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.