Skip to main content

Back story--last night after closing my browser (I had been working on listings) there was a HUGE pic from one of my listings on my wallpaper/desktop. (Corrupt file??) No way to get rid of it. I had already deleted all the pics I had used from my files. Turned computer off overnight, restarted this morning, still there. I had to do a system restore to get rid of it. (Restore date 9/13). So NOW, as I am trying to list, I click on the UPLOAD button and Firefox shuts down completely. Went to IE and all I get is a blank screen. I am in IE now, using the HTML uploader. Does anyone know what could cause this and how I can fix it? After my system restore I spent over an hour clearing cookies and updating everything I could find. I am good to go everywhere else EXCEPT the new uploader. I should be used to it by now. Any thoughts??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi member_8880,

I cannot be certain what aspect of your system restore led to this change in behavior, but the Auctiva Uploader (both new and previous versions) relies on Java so I recommend installing the latest version of Java from the following page of the Java website: www.java.com/en/download/

Even if you receive a message indicating that you already have the latest versions of Java installed when stepping through the installation process, it may be a good idea to try reinstalling the Java software when provided with that option.

You could also try recreating your bookmark to the old uploader which is causing your browser to crash by entering http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx in the “Address” bar on your browser and creating a new shortcut using the “Bookmark this page” option in the “Bookmarks” menu.

On the other hand, the issue of the Auctiva Uploader page being “blank” when accessed through Internet Explorer is likely a result of the Active X control which powers the uploader when used through that browser not being installed any longer as a result of the system restore.

Provided that is the case, you should see a message along the bottom of your Internet Explorer browser when you visit the Auctiva Uploader page that says something to the effect of “This website wants to install the following add-on: 'AuctivaImageUploader' from 'Auctiva Corporation'.” and install the uploader control with the “Install” button next to the prompt.

If you do not see such a prompt, you may want to reload the page a few times using the “Refresh” button on the browser and see whether doing so makes this prompt show up as expected.

If you continue to encounter difficulties of this nature, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.