Skip to main content

Hello all! I am new to both auctiva and selling on ebay, so this has all been quite the learning process for me! Ive finished my listing (hopefully) and inserted my pics directly into the editor by clicking the "insert image" icon in the right hand corner and copying my http code into it.

Do I have auctiva host the image or click "external host" and do I need to click the "html" blue link by the editor thing? If anyone has any other tips for me that would be great...! Also, does anyone happen to know anything about sales tax? Am I required to charge them? I do buy on ebay and ive noticd a lot of ppl dont charge tax, but I see the option to do so... Anyway, any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by jenkenne123:
Hello all! I am new to both auctiva and selling on ebay, so this has all been quite the learning process for me! Ive finished my listing (hopefully) and inserted my pics directly into the editor by clicking the "insert image" icon in the right hand corner and copying my http code into it. Do I have auctiva host the image or click "external host" and do I need to click the "html" blue link by the editor thing? If anyone has any other tips for me that would be great...!

I would encourage you to use the 'Image Selection' menu below the 'Item Description' window. The Image Selection allows you to click on 'Select an Image' which will bring you to your photo gallery hosted by Auctiva. Here you can choose whatever pictures you already have uploaded to Auctiva or allows you to upload new pictures right there. The Image Selection allows you to also change what pic you want for your eBay Header Image and what pic for your Gallery.

Then choose a cool Template and choose how you want your pics to be shown and you are done.

quote:
Also, does anyone happen to know anything about sales tax? Am I required to charge them? I do buy on ebay and ive noticd a lot of ppl dont charge tax, but I see the option to do so... Anyway, any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have heard a few things about this one. For one, I live in Oregon. Here we have no sales tax, thus I charge no sales tax to anyone, no matter where you are from. However, California, south of us, has a state sales tax and I know people that have to charge sales tax to California residents, but if I buy from them, they do not charge me the sales tax since I am not in California. I would strongly recommend you check out your states commerce website for details on their state sales tax on eCommerce.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
If you are just selling 'stuff' (from around the house, etc, NO you do not charge sales tax.
The only time you would is if you are a business with a tax license/number, in which case you would get a sales tax # from the city/state that you reside in ..
then you can ONLY collect sales tax from those that reside in your state and buy from you.

you will also have to report the amount of money that you made monthly to your state and tell them how much of that was sold in your state .. so you can pay the appropriate sales tax amount ..

EDIT - if I may ask? What are you selling that you need 50 pics for? Just curious, I feel I would get bored looking at 24 much less 50 (no offense intended at all, just curious) Smile
thanks for your info regarding the taxes! now i just need to know about posting the pics lol....

i'm posting tons of pics because i'm selling a "lot" of juniors clothing. The most successfull "lots" that are sold on ebay contain well over 50 pics (not to mention they pay extra for the featured section lol). Ive noticed lots that contain less pics sell for less money and i'm assuming its because ppl who spend over 100 dollars on a used lot of clothing want to see exactly what they are getting lol! so this is why i want to post the pics... again, they are already in my listing, i just need to know which options to check before posting so that the pics dislay successfully. Any other ideas anyone?? I would like to post asap, and i'm just waiting on fine tuning these details before the listing goes up.
Ok so i figured it out and for those who had a similar question to mine (how to post more than 24 pics) here is how i did it

1. uploaded photos to photobucket

2. copied the http:// code photobucket automatically created into auctiva by opening "description editor", clicking the "mountain icon" (insert pic icon), and copying the http:// code into the URL section.

3. adjusted the size then edited placement of pics accordingly (much like working in a simple wordpad document)

Then when it came to posting

1. I left the option as auctiva hosting the pics (vs external hosting)

Eventually I was able to post this listing... first ebay gave me an error (had yet to change my status to "seller" and provide cc info duh lol). Eventually I got my listing up and it looks great! i'm super pleased with the results... the only thing is that my "sellathon" counter is not showing up, so if anyone has any insight feel free to pass it on

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.