Skip to main content

I am a new to everything ebay and auctiva. I would like to open a store. I want to know do I place my listings first on ebay or first on auctiva?
Also, I been reading up on Ebay stores. Do anyone know what the cost would actually be? Is it better to start out just with a listing before opening up a Store? Any advice is welcome

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You are asking an awful lot...It has taken me a couple of years to learn all the ins & outs and I find I'm STILL learning...why don't you start out buying a few things first to get an idea how Ebay works? This is key. Then KEEP reading - go to Ebay's help pages and read everything you can find. Do you have a postage scale? Do you know how to file reports if necessary? Do you understand that FB is NOT communication? Do you have a premier PP acct. linked to Ebay? Do you even have a seller acct?
What I'm getting at is there is ALOT to know, and if you start out not knowing anything, you're setting yourself up for failure, or worse, scammers who prey on new sellers. Pls do ALOT of reading and take it in small steps. Good luck.
Hi Kay,
Ya know, I'm not really sure because I don't have an ebay store...I know for regular listings, I do them through Auctiva's one page listerand schedule them for ebay posting..maybe you could try a couple like that first before you open a store. You don't even have to post them, just make them and save them, see how they look, make your profiles etc. Kind of for practice so to speak. I'm sure someone else will come along and answer the store question for you Smile Good luck to you.
I've been selling on Ebay about 2 years now but still learning. I started with just listing without a store until my inventory got more or until I got a hang of the basics. I always list with Auctiva saves me money since I like to display lots of photo for my buyers. There are 3 levels of a Ebay Store: Basic, Premium, and Anchor.
I opened a Basic store which is $15.95 CDN a month which allows me 5 pages. If you are new I would go with listing without the Store until you get a hang of things. GOOD Luck!
Hi Kay,
I agree...you should really get familiar with selling in general. I would list one item on eBay...just so you know how it works. Because there is so much to know to selling & buying. You definitely should enhance all your eBay preferences, especially shipping and checkout with PayPal, etc. Auctiva is the way to go for ongoing listings & managing everything. But it's difficult to use a software if you don't understand the fundamentals of auctioning or fixed price. So, absolutely read, read, read. Buy as well. AND for sure you must understand how feedback works and all the methods to resolution of situations...go to eBay AND PayPal for detailed info on this topic. Creating profiles in Auctiva and playing around with your template...before you actually list will give you alot of learning. Good luck!!
Your Autiva listing go directly to ebay but if you want a store you need to open an ebay store about $15 a month and then back to autiva and under my acct click ebay links and generate ebay token. read all autiva's help section and ebay has a tutorial for selling.
A friend of mine went to Ebay univerity, a local event, they told her not to bother selling on Saturday night because everyone is out partying! (not true) I get most of my hits on Saturday so just use common sense think like a buyer would think and give a good discription. Keep it simple in the beginning and then go back later on and add the bells and whistles. Good luck

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.