Skip to main content

Hi, I'm really confused. I've been listing on Auctiva for a while now and I love it but now I want to open a store and I'm overwhelmed about where to start. Is it best just to go through ebay's opening a store tutorial and do it that way or is there something I need to get ready first, such as listings? Also, will I be able to do listing for my store using Auctiva or do I have to open an Auctiva store to do that. It sounds like ebay stores and Auctiva stores are separate entities so I'm guessing that I can't go into an auctiva store and then upgrade my ebay store through it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by pjms:
Hi, I'm really confused. I've been listing on Auctiva for a while now and I love it but now I want to open a store and I'm overwhelmed about where to start. Is it best just to go through ebay's opening a store tutorial and do it that way or is there something I need to get ready first, such as listings? Also, will I be able to do listing for my store using Auctiva or do I have to open an Auctiva store to do that. It sounds like ebay stores and Auctiva stores are separate entities so I'm guessing that I can't go into an auctiva store and then upgrade my ebay store through it.

Hello PJMS,

The Auctiva Store is simply... a reflection of what you are doing on eBay. It is not a seperate entity. You can not post items for sale directly to Auctiva and not have them show up on eBay. So think of it as a mirror.

To open an eBay Store has a lot of advantages and I have been a store user for almost 8 months. When you open an eBay store, there is a lot of work envolved. But it pays off in the end. Tons of customization, editting, formatting, creating your store categories and sub-categories, how you want your email templates to look etc etc etc..

Then once you get your eBay store dialed in, you come over to Auctiva and get it setup for what you did. You need to update your store categories, and make sure that when you post them from Auctiva, they go to the right category, otherwise they all end up in eBays default 'Other' category. And it's no fun revising each item at eBay and moving them manually to the right one.

So ya, go to eBay, do the step by step in opening a store and have fun with it. Get used to it and then come here and get this side set.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer what I can.

Take care and best regards,

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.