Skip to main content

Help! I am new to Auctiva. I listed items last night on ebay. My pictures immediately appeared in the scrolling gallery and if you click on the camera icon in the listing or in by ebay store, you can see my pic. But when looking at the ebay listings, only the camera icon appears. No pic like other people's auction listings. What have I done wrong? Thanks for any help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Those that appear in your SG and Auctiva store front are seperate copies from those showing on eBay.

Did you enable Auctiva as the host in the listing editor ?

Have you accidently deleted them ?

It should be possible to examine the HTML in ebay -> revise item to see where the code expects the image to be. If this is all geek speak to you or the code looks ok best file an Auctiva support request with the ebay item numbers so they check it out for you. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by ChooChooGuy:
Those that appear in your SG and Auctiva store front are seperate copies from those showing on eBay.

It should be possible to examine the HTML in ebay -> revise item to see where the code expects the image to be. If this is all geek speak to you or the code looks ok best file an Auctiva support request with the ebay item numbers so they check it out for you. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by cowgirlsanddivas:
quote:

Thanks for your response! How do I put Auctiva in as the host in the listing editor? I guess that is in ebay? The picture shows up in the Auctiva listing that is imported. So the pics are there. When I went in to revise, it shows my picture, then where it shows what your picture will look like without the gallery option, it just has the green camera. Look at auction number 250216909472, if you have time.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for your response! How do I put Auctiva in as the host in the listing editor? I guess that is in ebay? The picture shows up in the Auctiva listing that is imported. So the pics are there. When I went in to revise, it shows my picture, then where it shows what your picture will look like without the gallery option, it just has the green camera. Look at auction number 250216909472, if you have time.

Hello Cowgirl and Divas,

To verify that Auctiva is enabled

My Account > Account Settings > Under IMAGE MANAGEMENT be sure that 'Default Image Hosting' says: Auctiva and not External

Then click Update Account Preferences

Best regards,
quote:
Originally posted by Rock Bottom Galaxy:

Hello Cowgirl and Divas,

To verify that Auctiva is enabled

My Account > Account Settings > Under IMAGE MANAGEMENT be sure that 'Default Image Hosting' says: Auctiva and not External

Then click Update Account Preferences

Best regards,[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I really feel stupid now, but I cannot find that path. When I go to My Account in ebay, I do not see "Account Settings". I guess I am just missing something here.

Thanks.
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rock Bottom Galaxy:

Oh, never mind. I did find that path under My Account in this website. It was set to Autiva for default image hosting, so i guess that was not the problem. Any other ideas?

I have other auctions to list, but i don't want to do it here if i can't get the pics to show up when someone does a search.

Thanks for your time.
Hi just looked at your listing, see the problem.

The gallery picture in eBay is not the same as the scrolling gallery in the Auctiva store front.

You have just the free (eBay) header image in your listing which has been used for your Auctiva store front and the Auctiva scrolling gallery (Auctiva items are free).

The green cameras below your listing, sellers other items and those appearing against search results are the eBay gallery picture for which ebay charges.

You can select this option from the listing editor when ceating the listing in Auctiva it is to the right of the image selection windows.

So all is ok you just need to decide whether you need the eBay gallery feature, I would suggest with these eye catching items you would be better off paying for this add-on.

You can correct current items via ebay ->revise item and tick the appropriate box in the Auctiva editor for new listings.

I also suggest if you are to use the existing saved listings you update them to include the eBay gallery picture.

That should have you all sorted out Smile

edited by me to correct poor typing Roll Eyes

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.