Skip to main content

If there is one constant annoyance with this otherwise fine product, it's the fact there is no FAST, easy way to save your progress while designing a listing! How many times I've spent an hour on a really complicated listing with research and editing, composing, etc... only to have it all LOST by either previewing while site has trouble, or maintenance, or hitting one of the many section profile buttons, or just trying to save, with all work lost? I've adapted a select all, and Copy to clipboard as a backup plan before trying to list, or save, or schedule, because if something goes wrong, which has happened more than I can remember, once again your out of luck? PLEASE Auctiva, give us a easy way of saving progress while designing without reloading the entire page and crossing fingers! PLEASE!!!
"I learned something today!" -SouthPark
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
PLEASE Auctiva, give us a easy way of saving progress while designing without reloading the entire page and crossing fingers! PLEASE!!!

1.) click the save button
2.) click the "Continue editing same Listing" link

Do you any suggestions on to make that easier?

If most of your time is spent writing your description you may want to purchase a HTML editor or find a free one. You can then create your descriptions on your computer and paste them into our editor when they are ready.

Then you'd just have to enter your title, price, categories and select your photos.
It's easy to auto save small things. And it's easy to do in software on your computer. The hard part is doing it in a web browser in a non invasive fashion behind the scenes so a user doesnt notice it and it doesnt slow down what they are working on.

Our listing form has a large amount of data to transfer which presents more of a challenge.

I'll see if there is something we can do. It would be interesting to see this operate on a site that collects a lot of data like we do on the listing form. If you know of a site let me know.
I started out using turbolister and found it nice because it's an offline tool. It quickly became obvious it wasn't the tool for me because of the additional costs involved especially photo charges and limited storage space on ebay. If you do develop a free offline tool not only would it save users time, it may ultimately save time for your servers. Nevertheless, Auctiva's superb!
Last edited by kolstromkreations

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.