Skip to main content

Just started using Auctiva this week and am ready to give up. Spent all day scheduling listings to begin at a certain time between 9 and 9:30 EST--historically items that end on Thursday night work out best for me. Now I am going to lose money because my items didn't post. Question to you non-newbies--will they eventually post? If they do, will they post with the time I scheduled them for initially (thereby causing lost visibility on Ebay for a couple of hours, but I can live with that) or will they just not post at all? This is ridiculous. They are stuck on "Processing". Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just had 25 listings scheduled to start tonight, but none of them did. They were in limbo for about 2 hours, and then the status changed to "Not Posted" with the error message "Not posted in time." I think this is because after a couple of hours, it gives up trying to post if there is an error. Now I see that Auctiva has a WARNING that says "Our site is undergoing routine maintenance, please be aware that any changes during this time may be lost. Try again soon." Great, wonderful time for them to schedule routine maintenance, right during the prime evening hours!

I don't know for sure, as I have never encountered this problem before, but I would suspect that these listings will NOT automatically be rescheduled once they get their site fixed. They are saved, however, so I should be able to start them again tomorrow. It just messes up my scheduling, though.
All week there seem to have been posting problems after 8:00PM PST... We've been using Auctiva now for about 4 months and it's been fabulous, there have been no problems until this week. We're not discouraged by it. As long as the listings are saved they will not be lost and you can repost them when the processing error is cleared. I have 7 listings in posting status right now and I'm working on 8 more.
On Sunday there were problems and we posted Monday. On Tuesday there were problems and they did clear by 10:30 PST so they all did go up that night. Sunday was the hard day because I had over 60 listings but like I said this is the first problem we've experienced and it hasn't discouraged us yet.
But anything that gets stuck in processing for too long will time out and need to be rescheduled this we have learned.
I hope this helped a little bit.
I worked on Auctiva a little bit last night and noticed the warning box up near the top of the page. This was about 8ish west coast time. It said that they were doing maintenance on the site and that any changes made at that time might not be saved. They usually do their maintenance after 10, so that was unusual. After seeing that message, I didn't bother to do any listings.
They've been doing routine maintenance every Thursday night for years, and yes, sometimes it has gone over that when they are doing major updates. Same time eBay does theirs each week. Seasoned users know to not schedule listings to begin late Thurs/early Fri. There's always a flashing notice at the top of the page to let users know (who might be new to Auctiva) about the maintenance.
quote:
desdemona1013

To answer your question: your listing will NOT post, they will time out. You will to relist them. the listings are still saved on the Auctiva site, but they are not active on eBay.

I've been with Auctiva for years now and in general they're very reliable. We used to have issues like this OFTEN, but those kinks were worked out.
All in all, for the money we're paying here (nothing!) it's been a great service for me. they've saved me countless hours of not having to babysit listings. I load about 2000 listings a month onto eBay. All automated and without worry.

Stick with it, you've found the best eBay tool out there.

Richard
http://www.windmilltrading.com

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.